Social Media Strategist
Sydney - Full time
Southern Cross Austereo is searching for a Social Media Strategist to join our fast growing Digital team. Are you passionate about Digital and Social and what’s ahead in this space? Come and join our team of experts in this space and work on some of the biggest media brands across Australia.
Reporting to the Social Media Director, the Social Media Strategist will have a strong emphasis on Social and Digital strategy helping drive Southern Cross Austereo’s key Digital and Commercial objectives across our key metro markets including regional Australia. The Social Media strategist will work cross functionally with on-air content, Digital Content, Marketing, Music, Partnerships and Sales to drive strategy, education, ideas and Digital marketing within all these functions.
As part of the role, the Social Media Strategist will also have a strong focus on Commercial campaigns and work together with the ‘Brand Assets’, ‘The Studio’ and Sales teams to further develop commercial ideas / build on briefs and drive and develop strategies.
You will be a key influencer in Digital, helping advocate best practice, provide insights, and drive growth and engagement across a wide variety of brands including the ‘The Hit Network’, ‘Triple M Network’, ‘Podcast One’ and ‘VEVO’
Make no mistake – we’re looking for the best! As the winning candidate you’ll have:
• Minimum of 2 years post qualification experience in social media, digital for either radio, television or agency.
• Demonstrated experience successfully developing and implementing content strategy within a large and complex corporate structure
• Relevant tertiary qualifications and or industry experience.
• Advanced skills in Facebook, Instagram and Twitter’s Ad products
• Advanced knowledge of best practice cross-media production techniques including new media usability principals and deliver content to correct specifications.
• Relevant experience in Commercialisation of Digital / Social properties.
• Experience in managing social media properties for media brands.
• Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
• Strong knowledge of Digital Marketing space with relevant experience in this area.
• Advanced user of key Social Media platforms (Facebook, Twitter, Instagram and Snapchat)
• Has a strong passion for Social Media and Digital.
The opportunities are endless when you’re working for one of Australia’s leading media companies. As the newest member of the team you’ll get all the support and guidance you need to develop your skills, grow your career and reach your full potential.
Interested? If so, please submit your résumé and cover letter (with salary expectations) We look forward to receiving your application.
As one of Australia's most innovative and exciting entertainment-based media companies, working for Southern Cross Austereo is far more than a job – it’s an opportunity to be associated with one of the world’s leaders in media entertainment. Our radio networks are committed to delivering the country’s best entertainment, music, sport, comedy and big events to Australians whilst our digital division is leading the way in thought leadership and innovation. We also have affiliation arrangements with all of the metropolitan commercial television networks which means SCA’s television services cover most of regional Australia. The combination of our TV, Radio and digital assets can reach 95% of Australians, engaging over 10 million people per week, making us a truly integrated media company.
Employing approximately 2,500 staff nationally, SCA is an exciting, vibrant, energetic and progressive company. Our values are the standards which our people share that guide our day-to-day decisions, shape or individual and collective behaviour and make us who we are today.
The opportunities to grow your career is endless when you’re working for one of Australia’s leading media companies. We provide all staff with ongoing support and guidance to develop your skills, grow your media career and reach your full potential.
We are committed to advancing equal employment opportunities for our staff and to diversify and develop our workforce. Furthermore, we aim to recognise the value of attracting and retaining employees with different backgrounds, experience, knowledge and abilities. We also aim to ensure diversity contributes to our business success and benefits individuals, teams, clients and the community.