Bendigo - Full time
Southern Cross Austereo is an exciting, vibrant, energetic and progressive company employing over 2000 staff nationally. We are dedicated to delivering firsts in entertainment solutions with the ability to reach 95% of Australian’s through our Radio, TV and Digital channels. Working at Southern Cross Austereo is far more than a job – it’s an opportunity to be associated with one of the world’s leaders in media entertainment.
As the Content Director for our Bendigo market, you will play a leading role in managing the station’s brand, achieving its content goals, and realising and implementing its strategic plan. You will work closely with on and off air team members to ensure highly compelling and creative ideas are integrated into the station’s material on a daily basis. Most importantly, you’ll be responsible for achieving exceptional levels of on air execution, ensuring that only fresh and relevant content goes to air and listeners love what they hear.
To be considered for this position, the successful candidate will:
- Possess an understanding and appreciation of market specific content issues
- Be an effective team player with a highly inspirational and energetic leadership style
- Have a distinctive on air presence that naturally appeals to our listeners and a burning desire to be heard.
- Have exceptional verbal and written communication skills
- Be able to work to multiple deadlines in a high pressure environment
- Be willing to work additional hours as required in order to get the job done – you’re someone who enjoys going above and beyond at work
- Be able to panel and do an on air shift
- Have an intimate knowledge of CRA’s Codes of Practice and Broadcasting Standards
- Have a passion for radio broadcasting and a willingness to commit to Southern Cross Austereo’s organisational values and culture
The opportunities are endless when you’re working for one of Australia’s leading media companies. As the newest member of the team you’ll get all the support and guidance you need to develop your skills, grow your career and reach your full potential. Interested? If so, please submit your resumé and cover letter (with salary expectations).
As one of Australia's most innovative and exciting entertainment-based media companies, working for Southern Cross Austereo is far more than a job – it’s an opportunity to be associated with one of the world’s leaders in media entertainment. Our radio networks are committed to delivering the country’s best entertainment, music, sport, comedy and big events to Australians whilst our digital division is leading the way in thought leadership and innovation. We also have affiliation arrangements with all of the metropolitan commercial television networks which means SCA’s television services cover most of regional Australia. The combination of our TV, Radio and digital assets can reach 95% of Australians, engaging over 10 million people per week, making us a truly integrated media company.
Employing approximately 2,500 staff nationally, SCA is an exciting, vibrant, energetic and progressive company. Our values are the standards which our people share that guide our day-to-day decisions, shape or individual and collective behaviour and make us who we are today.
The opportunities to grow your career is endless when you’re working for one of Australia’s leading media companies. We provide all staff with ongoing support and guidance to develop your skills, grow your media career and reach your full potential.
We are committed to advancing equal employment opportunities for our staff and to diversify and develop our workforce. Furthermore, we aim to recognise the value of attracting and retaining employees with different backgrounds, experience, knowledge and abilities. We also aim to ensure diversity contributes to our business success and benefits individuals, teams, clients and the community.