Melbourne - Full time
- Come and work for the biggest radio network in the country - Southern Cross Austereo at Melbourne's Triple M and Fox FM
- Opportunity for an experienced Journalist to shine on our news services including Triple M Fox, Google Home and Amazon Alexa.
You will be responsible for identifying, creating and delivering compelling news to a targeted audience. You must possess a high level of experience and competency delivering On Air News, and have an interest in Online news creation.
This is a sensational opportunity for a confident and motivated journalist who wants to further develop their career in the media industry and is excited about providing our audience with the most relevant, up to date news.
Make no mistake, we’ll expect heaps from you! SCA wants journos who:
- Deliver news with confidence, in a conversational reading style
- Have an ability to hunt down news that matters to our audience and can produce accurate, punchy and creative news bulletins
- Have an excellent knowledge of news and sport (particularly AFL)
- Have a thorough knowledge of news operations
- Have excellent communication skills, both written and verbal
- Thrive on the challenge of working to on air and online deadlines
- Understand online news metrics and totally get social media
The opportunities are endless when you're working for one of Australia's leading media companies. As a new member of our team, you’ll get all the support and guidance you need to reach your full potential. Working at Southern Cross Austereo is far more than a job – it's an opportunity to be associated with one of the world's leaders in media entertainment.
Interested? If so, please visit www.sca.com.au/careers to submit your résumé, cover letter and demo. We look forward to receiving your application.
As one of Australia's most innovative and exciting entertainment-based media companies, working for Southern Cross Austereo is far more than a job – it’s an opportunity to be associated with one of the world’s leaders in media entertainment. Our radio networks are committed to delivering the country’s best entertainment, music, sport, comedy and big events to Australians whilst our digital division is leading the way in thought leadership and innovation. We also have affiliation arrangements with all of the metropolitan commercial television networks which means SCA’s television services cover most of regional Australia. The combination of our TV, Radio and digital assets can reach 95% of Australians, engaging over 10 million people per week, making us a truly integrated media company.
Employing approximately 2,500 staff nationally, SCA is an exciting, vibrant, energetic and progressive company. Our values are the standards which our people share that guide our day-to-day decisions, shape or individual and collective behaviour and make us who we are today.
The opportunities to grow your career is endless when you’re working for one of Australia’s leading media companies. We provide all staff with ongoing support and guidance to develop your skills, grow your media career and reach your full potential.
We are committed to advancing equal employment opportunities for our staff and to diversify and develop our workforce. Furthermore, we aim to recognise the value of attracting and retaining employees with different backgrounds, experience, knowledge and abilities. We also aim to ensure diversity contributes to our business success and benefits individuals, teams, clients and the community.