Head of Audio Operations
Sydney - Full time
Southern Cross Austereo is all about delivering the best entertainment solutions across an unrivalled portfolio of multimedia brands with the biggest shows, the best talent and the most exciting events across Australia.
Our employees are the most talented people in what they do and we are a values driven organisation with a culture of high performance. We provide our employees with everything they need to bring their best self to work and do amazing things.
We have an exciting opportunity for an innovative Head of Audio Operations to join our team in Sydney. You will manage our audio broadcasting function, which delivers and maintains SCA’s audio broadcasting platforms including Radio (FM and Dab), Apps and Podcasting.
Key duties of the role:
- As a member of the senior executive team, provide leadership and insights in the development of SCA audio strategy across traditional broadcast platforms as well as new and emerging digital platforms.
- In collaboration with other senior executives plan and deliver audio projects across the company’s business units.
- Lead national team of radio engineers.
- Assist in planning and administering capital and operating budgets for audio operations.
- Participate in cross-discipline project groups responsible for delivering outcomes consistent with SCA strategy.
The ideal candidate will be able to demonstrate:
- Strong leadership skills with demonstrated ability to successfully inspire and manage geographically diverse technology teams.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to communicate complex technical concepts appropriately and simply to various audiences.
- Tertiary qualifications or equivalent practical experience in electronics and communications engineering, broadcast engineering, ICT or a relevant related field.
- High level of financial literacy and budget management skills.
- Demonstrated project management skills.
- Commitment to understanding and building positive culture in work teams consistent with SCA values.
The opportunities are endless when you’re working for one of Australia’s leading media companies. We provide a high energy, diverse and inclusive work environment to allow our people to innovate and inspire each and every day.
Apply today attaching your CV and cover letter outlining your relevant experience and salary expectations.
As one of Australia's most innovative and exciting entertainment-based media companies, working for Southern Cross Austereo is far more than a job – it’s an opportunity to be associated with one of the world’s leaders in media entertainment. Our radio networks are committed to delivering the country’s best entertainment, music, sport, comedy and big events to Australians whilst our digital division is leading the way in thought leadership and innovation. We also have affiliation arrangements with all of the metropolitan commercial television networks which means SCA’s television services cover most of regional Australia. The combination of our TV, Radio and digital assets can reach 95% of Australians, engaging over 10 million people per week, making us a truly integrated media company.
Employing approximately 2,500 staff nationally, SCA is an exciting, vibrant, energetic and progressive company. Our values are the standards which our people share that guide our day-to-day decisions, shape or individual and collective behaviour and make us who we are today.
The opportunities to grow your career is endless when you’re working for one of Australia’s leading media companies. We provide all staff with ongoing support and guidance to develop your skills, grow your media career and reach your full potential.
We are committed to advancing equal employment opportunities for our staff and to diversify and develop our workforce. Furthermore, we aim to recognise the value of attracting and retaining employees with different backgrounds, experience, knowledge and abilities. We also aim to ensure diversity contributes to our business success and benefits individuals, teams, clients and the community.