Brisbane - Full time
We’re looking for Australia’s next great Announcer
Come join the team in Brisbane that has recently produced:
• Pete Curulli - Number 1 Drive Host Mix 94.5 Perth
• Chris Bezzina – Anchor for Carrie & Tommy
• Brad Wood – He’s not bad
Interested? If so, get an aircheck + resume to us and answer the following questions:
- How would you improve the hit105 product?
- You’re in charge of Hit105’s Christmas Party, what do you do?
- What’s something that Hit105 is not doing that they need to?
Do you have a hidden Talent? Now is the time to share it with us. We’ll also accept video entries or anything at all in order for YOU to stand out as the perfect person to join our team. Now, here’s some corporate blurb…. Coming up after it, your job description.
Southern Cross Austereo, one of Australia's most innovative and exciting entertainment based media companies is looking for a talented and seasoned professional to join the team. This rare opportunity will give you the chance to take the next step in your career by joining our elite team. This is the position that will launch you to the next stage of your career, working in a team of Australia’s best programmers and on air talents. You should embrace the local Brisbane lifestyle and community though our many content outlets, including on-air, social and digital.
The successful applicant will: (Job Description for those playing along at home)
• Have dreams to be the next big thing in radio
• Have the ability to carry on-air shifts at a commercial level
• Have operational skills and awareness, with previous industry specific experience preferred
• Be competent with commercial radio music scheduling experience
• Have knowledge of Zetta
• Have a sound knowledge and understanding of CRA's Codes of Practice and Broadcasting Standards
• Enjoy popular culture, social media, current affairs and local events; with a passion for taking content to the next level, both on air and online
• Have a distinctive on air presence that naturally appeals to our listeners and a burning desire to be heard
Above all, our successful candidate will have a great attitude along with the willingness to learn from their peers and some of the best radio minds in the business.
Be creative, be unique! Good luck standing out from the crowd and looking forward to seeing what you can bring to our team!
As one of Australia's most innovative and exciting entertainment-based media companies, working for Southern Cross Austereo is far more than a job – it’s an opportunity to be associated with one of the world’s leaders in media entertainment. Our radio networks are committed to delivering the country’s best entertainment, music, sport, comedy and big events to Australians whilst our digital division is leading the way in thought leadership and innovation. We also have affiliation arrangements with all of the metropolitan commercial television networks which means SCA’s television services cover most of regional Australia. The combination of our TV, Radio and digital assets can reach 95% of Australians, engaging over 10 million people per week, making us a truly integrated media company.
Employing approximately 2,500 staff nationally, SCA is an exciting, vibrant, energetic and progressive company. Our values are the standards which our people share that guide our day-to-day decisions, shape or individual and collective behaviour and make us who we are today.
The opportunities to grow your career is endless when you’re working for one of Australia’s leading media companies. We provide all staff with ongoing support and guidance to develop your skills, grow your media career and reach your full potential.
We are committed to advancing equal employment opportunities for our staff and to diversify and develop our workforce. Furthermore, we aim to recognise the value of attracting and retaining employees with different backgrounds, experience, knowledge and abilities. We also aim to ensure diversity contributes to our business success and benefits individuals, teams, clients and the community.