National Events and Partnerships Manager
Sydney - Salaried
Southern Cross Austereo is all about delivering absolutely engaging entertainment solutions across an unrivalled portfolio of multimedia brands with the biggest shows, best talent and most exciting events across Australia. We engage staff who are the best in the business and want to work for a supportive, exciting and dynamic company with a culture of high performance. We look far and wide to employ a diverse workforce – we all bring something a little bit different – and in return we give you everything you need to bring your best self to work.
Working as part of the National Events Team, this role will be required to develop and deliver exceptional, innovative and customer focused events and event/client partnerships across all SCA brands including Triple M, The Hit Network and Podcasting.
The successful candidate will need to possess strong relationship management, event management experience and have a high attention to detail. This is a newly created role and we are looking for a dynamic, innovative and customer-focused events professional with a genuine passion for the media and entertainment industry.
We are looking for the newest member of the SCA team who can;
- Ensure the successful delivery and presentation of various national SCA sales, corporate and client events
- Collaborate with the National Sales and Marketing Teams to develop and implement a compelling Trade Event Calendar that meets key business objectives
- Provide national and strategic support to local market Event Managers in order to present a coordinated national focus and best practice approach to all events
- Manage the planning and delivery of key event operational areas for national events including guest experience, accreditation, streaming/broadcast operations, event presentation etc
- Manage overall event experience with a focus on innovation, creativity, original concepts in market with effective branding and staging solutions to suit each project
- Ensure that all national event delivery and correspondence is in line with brand values to ensure consistency across the group
- Actively identify and convert commercial opportunities for SCA’s current and future national events
- Manage, maintain and evaluate a centralised national contra and hospitality program that adds value to SCA departments and events as required.
- Work closely with relevant internal departments to develop an annual events partnership plan that aligns with current network and business objectives
- Manage the partner evaluation process, providing analysis and recommendations including cost to business, renewal and improvement strategies
The ideal candidate will have;
- A qualification and/or significant experience in events management or project management
- Strong understanding and experience in the commercialization of events
- Strong negotiation skills
- Persuasive and credible presentation skills
- Ability to innovate and communicate ideas effectively
SCA is a values driven organisation- If you genuinely live and breathe our values, you’ll be a perfect fit for SCA. We collaborate, take initiative, maximise creativity, have courage and act with integrity.
Still not convinced?
The benefits of working for us are countless – to name a few we provide flexible working arrangements, a focus on work-life balance, health insurance discounts, workplace banking programs, concert tickets, footy tickets, special client discounts throughout the year, rooftop gigs and social gatherings – the list goes on!
Keen? Apply now by submitting your resume and cover letter.
As one of Australia's most innovative and exciting entertainment-based media companies, working for Southern Cross Austereo is far more than a job – it’s an opportunity to be associated with one of the world’s leaders in media entertainment. Our radio networks are committed to delivering the country’s best entertainment, music, sport, comedy and big events to Australians whilst our digital division is leading the way in thought leadership and innovation. We also have affiliation arrangements with all of the metropolitan commercial television networks which means SCA’s television services cover most of regional Australia. The combination of our TV, Radio and digital assets can reach 95% of Australians, engaging over 10 million people per week, making us a truly integrated media company.
Employing approximately 2,500 staff nationally, SCA is an exciting, vibrant, energetic and progressive company. Our values are the standards which our people share that guide our day-to-day decisions, shape or individual and collective behaviour and make us who we are today.
The opportunities to grow your career is endless when you’re working for one of Australia’s leading media companies. We provide all staff with ongoing support and guidance to develop your skills, grow your media career and reach your full potential.
We are committed to advancing equal employment opportunities for our staff and to diversify and develop our workforce. Furthermore, we aim to recognise the value of attracting and retaining employees with different backgrounds, experience, knowledge and abilities. We also aim to ensure diversity contributes to our business success and benefits individuals, teams, clients and the community.