Canberra - Salaried
Southern Cross Austereo is all about delivering the best entertainment solutions across an unrivalled portfolio of multimedia brands with the biggest shows, the best talent and the most exciting events across Australia. Our employees are the most talented people in what they do and we are a values driven organisation with a culture of high performance. We provide our employees with everything they need to bring their best self to work.
As part of the broader Southern Cross Austereo engineering team, you will repair and maintain equipment and facilities used by the group for its broadcasting purposes and ensure all equipment and facilities are in their best possible working order.
Key Duties: -
- Fault finding and general maintenance of electronic equipment
- Remote site installation and maintenance as required
- Liaise and provide support and assistance to other departments, supervisors and managers regarding any of their needs and or technical problems
- Work with suppliers and provide feedback to assist with repairs
- Document general procedures for maintenance and operation of equipment
- Assist with CAD design, cable database and inventory systems
- Record keeping and communication of fault status
Required Skills & Knowledge: -
- Tertiary qualifications or demonstrated knowledge of electronics, networking and Broadcast systems
- Good knowledge of electronics and IT networks
- Ability to work under pressure, to and think laterally for solutions
- Exceptional communication skills
- Ability to work in a 24/7 shift rotation
- Good logical, technical and troubleshooting skills with demonstrated attention to detail
The opportunities are endless when you’re working for one of Australia’s leading media companies. If you enjoy your work day to be varied, fast paced, diverse and surrounded by supportive colleagues, then this is a great opportunity for you to consider.
Apply today attaching your CV and cover letter outlining your relevant experience and salary expectations.
As one of Australia's most innovative and exciting entertainment-based media companies, working for Southern Cross Austereo is far more than a job – it’s an opportunity to be associated with one of the world’s leaders in media entertainment. Our radio networks are committed to delivering the country’s best entertainment, music, sport, comedy and big events to Australians whilst our digital division is leading the way in thought leadership and innovation. We also have affiliation arrangements with all of the metropolitan commercial television networks which means SCA’s television services cover most of regional Australia. The combination of our TV, Radio and digital assets can reach 95% of Australians, engaging over 10 million people per week, making us a truly integrated media company.
Employing approximately 2,500 staff nationally, SCA is an exciting, vibrant, energetic and progressive company. Our values are the standards which our people share that guide our day-to-day decisions, shape or individual and collective behaviour and make us who we are today.
The opportunities to grow your career is endless when you’re working for one of Australia’s leading media companies. We provide all staff with ongoing support and guidance to develop your skills, grow your media career and reach your full potential.
We are committed to advancing equal employment opportunities for our staff and to diversify and develop our workforce. Furthermore, we aim to recognise the value of attracting and retaining employees with different backgrounds, experience, knowledge and abilities. We also aim to ensure diversity contributes to our business success and benefits individuals, teams, clients and the community.