Editor / Operator
Hobart - Full time
Southern Cross Austereo is all about delivering absolutely engaging entertainment solutions across an unrivalled portfolio of multimedia brands with the biggest shows, best talent and most exciting events across Australia. We engage staff who are the best in the business and want to work for a supportive, exciting and dynamic company with a culture of high performance. We look far and wide to employ a diverse workforce – we all bring something a little bit different – and in return we give you everything you need to bring your best self to work.
We are currently seeking an Editor / Operator to join our Production team in Hobart. This is an exciting opportunity for an experienced editor and video production professional to join our team.
Salary for this position is $54000 - $58000 – commensurate with skills and experience.
Key duties: -
- Co-ordinate production facilities which may include but are not limited to edit suite, video’s, long form, voiceover bookings and graphic artist bookings, the receiving and handling/dispatching of dubs requests and work on billboards requirements when required.
- Work on OBs and projects in line with your skills.
- Assist in the studio and manage autocue.
- Provide audio for production work
- Ingest for news and other projects.
- Manage job lists
- Compose and edit commercials, programs and content
The ideal candidate will have:-
- A relevant tertiary qualification
- Minimum of 2 years’ experience in a similar role
- A thorough understanding of production editing systems - After Effects, Adobe Creative Suite and a knowledge of server-based media management systems
- Proven production experience using Avid Media Composer
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Results driven and delivery focussed
- Motivated and able to work as part of a team
Most of all, SCA is a values driven organisation- If you genuinely live and breathe our values, you’ll be a perfect fit for SCA. We collaborate, take initiative, maximise creativity, have courage and act with integrity.
Still not convinced?
We have a focus on work-life balance, health insurance discounts, plenty of room for internal progression, workplace banking programs, concert tickets, footy tickets, special client discounts throughout the year, rooftop gigs, social gatherings – the list goes on!
The opportunities are endless when you’re working for one of Australia’s leading media companies. As the newest member of the team you’ll get all the support and guidance you need to develop your skills, grow your career and reach your full potential.
Interested? If so, please submit your resumé and cover letter (with salary expectations).
As one of Australia's most innovative and exciting entertainment-based media companies, working for Southern Cross Austereo is far more than a job – it’s an opportunity to be associated with one of the world’s leaders in media entertainment. Our radio networks are committed to delivering the country’s best entertainment, music, sport, comedy and big events to Australians whilst our digital division is leading the way in thought leadership and innovation. We also have affiliation arrangements with all of the metropolitan commercial television networks which means SCA’s television services cover most of regional Australia. The combination of our TV, Radio and digital assets can reach 95% of Australians, engaging over 10 million people per week, making us a truly integrated media company.
Employing approximately 2,500 staff nationally, SCA is an exciting, vibrant, energetic and progressive company. Our values are the standards which our people share that guide our day-to-day decisions, shape or individual and collective behaviour and make us who we are today.
The opportunities to grow your career is endless when you’re working for one of Australia’s leading media companies. We provide all staff with ongoing support and guidance to develop your skills, grow your media career and reach your full potential.
We are committed to advancing equal employment opportunities for our staff and to diversify and develop our workforce. Furthermore, we aim to recognise the value of attracting and retaining employees with different backgrounds, experience, knowledge and abilities. We also aim to ensure diversity contributes to our business success and benefits individuals, teams, clients and the community.