Trainee Broadcast Engineer
Brisbane - Salaried
Southern Cross Austereo is an exciting, vibrant, energetic and progressive company employing over 2000 staff nationally. We are dedicated to delivering firsts in entertainment solutions with the ability to reach 95% of Australian’s through our Radio, TV and Digital channels. Working at Southern Cross Austereo is far more than a job – it’s an opportunity to be associated with one of the world’s leaders in media entertainment.
We are looking for our newest Trainee Engineer to join our Brisbane team, providing technology services in a customer focused manner that enables the highest performance of all Southern Cross Austereo staff. This role will also ensure that all Southern Cross Austereo technology equipment and systems are functioning at their optimum capacity and capability.
• Provide Level 1 Support for all local and national content, news, production and administrative business infrastructure
• Diagnose, manage and action incidents from the business and escalate to other technology team members as required
• Proactively recommend changes to Southern Cross Austereo systems and services to mitigate further incidents in collaboration with the Local and National Technology Teams
• Assist in managing the day to day operations proactively integrating and communicating with other functional units to achieve service delivery expectations.
Make no mistake – the best hires the best! The successful candidate will:
• Contribute towards a positive working atmosphere
• Prioritise conflicting tasks
• Be confident in presenting their view on how things could be done, including new ideas
• Show a high level of discretion and sensitivity when dealing with confidential or sensitive information
• Take initiative and offer to assist others in the team without being prompted
• Always takes proactive steps to implement preventative solutions
Most of all, SCA is a values driven organisation- If you genuinely live and breathe our values, you’ll be a perfect fit for SCA. We collaborate, take initiative, maximise creativity, have courage and act with integrity.
Still not convinced?
The benefits of working for us are countless – to name a few we provide flexible working arrangements, a focus on work-life balance, plenty of opportunity for internal progression, health insurance discounts, workplace banking programs, concert tickets, footy tickets, special client discounts throughout the year, rooftop gigs, social gatherings – the list goes on!
Keen? Apply now by submitting your resume and cover letter.
As one of Australia's most innovative and exciting entertainment-based media companies, working for Southern Cross Austereo is far more than a job – it’s an opportunity to be associated with one of the world’s leaders in media entertainment. Our radio networks are committed to delivering the country’s best entertainment, music, sport, comedy and big events to Australians whilst our digital division is leading the way in thought leadership and innovation. We also have affiliation arrangements with all of the metropolitan commercial television networks which means SCA’s television services cover most of regional Australia. The combination of our TV, Radio and digital assets can reach 95% of Australians, engaging over 10 million people per week, making us a truly integrated media company.
Employing approximately 2,500 staff nationally, SCA is an exciting, vibrant, energetic and progressive company. Our values are the standards which our people share that guide our day-to-day decisions, shape or individual and collective behaviour and make us who we are today.
The opportunities to grow your career is endless when you’re working for one of Australia’s leading media companies. We provide all staff with ongoing support and guidance to develop your skills, grow your media career and reach your full potential.
We are committed to advancing equal employment opportunities for our staff and to diversify and develop our workforce. Furthermore, we aim to recognise the value of attracting and retaining employees with different backgrounds, experience, knowledge and abilities. We also aim to ensure diversity contributes to our business success and benefits individuals, teams, clients and the community.