Toowoomba - Salaried
- Be the face of iconic brands HIT 100.7 and Triple M 864
- Generous salary and incentive package on offer
- Seeking strategic and innovative leader for an emerging regional market
Southern Cross Austereo is all about delivering absolutely engaging entertainment solutions across an unrivalled portfolio of multimedia brands with the biggest shows, best talent and most exciting events across Australia. We engage staff who are the best in the business and want to work for a supportive, exciting and dynamic company with a culture of high performance.
We are looking for a commercially focused leader to join our Toowoomba team in the role of General Manager. As part of the Leadership Team, you will be responsible for maximising the profitability through the effective and efficient management of the assets and resources within this market. You will be leading and managing a team of creative, passionate, highly skilled and committed media professionals.
Culturally, you will be able to bring your team on a journey of growth and possess attributes such as high levels of energy, EQ, humility, authenticity, and transparency.
As the successful applicant you will have:
- Proactive and inspiring leadership qualities to ensure your market is aligned with national objectives
- The ability to foster meaningful relationships with prominent industry and business leaders
- Strong leadership, management and coaching skills across diverse, cross-functional teams
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills and the ability to motivate and inspire teams and individuals to consistently perform at high levels
- Strong commercial skills and the ability to use financial data and business information to make effective decisions that will assist the company to achieve its objectives
- An unquenchable desire to drive a culture of success and be prepared to make the hard decisions to achieve this
- A strong understanding of the unique requirements of the Toowoomba region and the local community
In addition, you will have excellent self-management skills, strong work ethic and a proven ability in building and managing diverse and high-performing teams. This is a fantastic opportunity for an up and coming leader who is looking to test themselves and their skills in a great working environment.
Most of all, SCA is a values driven organisation- If you genuinely live and breathe our values, you’ll be a perfect fit for SCA. We collaborate, take initiative, maximise creativity, have courage and act with integrity.
Interested? Apply now by submitting your resume and cover letter, including salary expectations.
Southern Cross Austereo is proud to be an inclusive employer that offers a safe and supportive environment for all of our employees, so that you can be your very best self at work. We are passionate about diversity and we strongly encourage candidates from diverse backgrounds and experiences to apply. Should you require any additional support or considerations throughout our recruitment process, please do not hesitate to contact our Recruitment Team to discuss how we can accommodate your needs.
Please note Southern Cross Austereo reserves the right to begin the recruitment process for suitable candidates immediately.
As one of Australia's most innovative and exciting entertainment-based media companies, working for Southern Cross Austereo is far more than a job – it’s an opportunity to be associated with one of the world’s leaders in media entertainment. Our radio networks are committed to delivering the country’s best entertainment, music, sport, comedy and big events to Australians whilst our digital division is leading the way in thought leadership and innovation. We also have affiliation arrangements with all of the metropolitan commercial television networks which means SCA’s television services cover most of regional Australia. The combination of our TV, Radio and digital assets can reach 95% of Australians, engaging over 10 million people per week, making us a truly integrated media company.
Employing approximately 2,500 staff nationally, SCA is an exciting, vibrant, energetic and progressive company. Our values are the standards which our people share that guide our day-to-day decisions, shape or individual and collective behaviour and make us who we are today.
The opportunities to grow your career is endless when you’re working for one of Australia’s leading media companies. We provide all staff with ongoing support and guidance to develop your skills, grow your media career and reach your full potential.
We are committed to advancing equal employment opportunities for our staff and to diversify and develop our workforce. Furthermore, we aim to recognise the value of attracting and retaining employees with different backgrounds, experience, knowledge and abilities. We also aim to ensure diversity contributes to our business success and benefits individuals, teams, clients and the community.