National People & Culture Manager
Sydney - Full time, Salaried
Southern Cross Austereo is all about delivering absolutely engaging entertainment solutions across an unrivalled portfolio of multimedia brands with the biggest shows, best talent and most exciting events across Australia. Our employees are the most talented people in what they do and we are a values-driven organisation with a culture of high performance. We provide our employees with everything they need to bring their best self to work and do amazing things.
We are searching for a National People & Culture Manager to join our team, reporting to the Chief People & Culture Officer. Our National People & Culture Manager will manage our national People & Culture Business Partner function, supporting our leadership and employees to deliver strategic partnership for people programs and experience across SCA.
In this leadership role, you will be responsible for the operations of the People function, ensuring vision, clarity and consistency of how the function works nationally across the business. You will manage, mentor and develop your team of people partners and you will also carry a senior client group of your own.
About the team
Our people partners need to have a solid understanding of our business, a connection to our employees and a passion for our culture. They foster relationships across the organisation which enable them to anticipate people needs, proactively address pain points, and ensure a workplace where everyone can contribute. As the National People & Culture Manager, this individual will need to combine their experience as a People & Culture Business Partner with their knowledge of our culture and employee experience expectations to set the operational practices for the function.
Our people team is focused on enabling our business to scale & transform, our managers to lead and our people to thrive. The people partners play a critical strategic and tactical role to achieving those outcomes.
About the role
This is an opportunity to be part of an organisation where you can influence the thinking around our people processes and systems, resulting in direct impact on our employee experience. You will lead the SCA people partners team as well as market-wide initiatives that deliver against our National People Plan in order to drive the SCA business strategy.
Your key responsibilities will be to
- Develop & evolve clear and consistent practices for employee matters, policies and HR practices including Award interpretation
- Provide advice and guidance regarding employee relations matters, policy development and operational processes
- Provide regular coaching, growth and development of our People Partners
- Develop strong relationships with functional and business leaders and apply them to develop and lead an effective People strategy
- Provide strategic business partnership and coaching to executives and senior leaders
- Ensure the delivery of innovative solutions across organisational development, performance and talent management, career & growth development, leadership development, inclusion and culture
- Identify and deploy impactful people strategies and policies that enable the organisation to perform effectively and scale efficiently as SCA continues to transform
- Partner effectively with other cross-functional teams
- Deliver appropriate coaching and development feedback to managers and employees
- Drive cross -functional HR projects and initiatives as needed
We are looking for tertiary qualified candidates with demonstratable HR business partnering experience within a national organisation of a highly commercial nature.
Our ideal candidates will have
- Demonstrated success leading and engaging an HR team
- Tertiary HR qualifications
- Experience in an HRBP role with national scope across multiple locations
- Experience leading through change and transformation
- Results oriented individual who operates with the business outcomes in mind while ensuring the best employee experience
- Ability to be both strategic and tactical in a fast-paced, ever changing environment
- Drives continuous improvement and is a proven collaborator in achieving that
- Experience understanding strategic organisational issues and influencing change
- Understands what makes businesses tick and the ability to work well across different functions in order to integrate HR and business strategies
- A deep understanding of all aspects of the employee lifecycle, including recruiting, on-boarding, performance & talent management and coaching
- Comfort with ambiguity and motivated by building and finding creative solutions
- Prior experience leading culture, engagement and inclusion programs
- Experience using data to identify insights that drive action
- Consulting, coaching and facilitation experience
- Strong project management and change leadership skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication and strong presentation skills
- Exceptional listening skills and ability to relate to, influence, and coach employees of all levels in the organisation
SCA provides an inclusive environment for all our employees. We welcome applicants from diverse backgrounds to apply and would love to talk to you about our flexible working arrangements and career pathways.
Interested? Apply now by submitting your resumé and cover letter. We look forward to receiving your application
As one of Australia's most innovative and exciting entertainment-based media companies, working for Southern Cross Austereo is far more than a job – it’s an opportunity to be associated with one of the world’s leaders in media entertainment. Our radio networks are committed to delivering the country’s best entertainment, music, sport, comedy and big events to Australians whilst our digital division is leading the way in thought leadership and innovation. We also have affiliation arrangements with all of the metropolitan commercial television networks which means SCA’s television services cover most of regional Australia. The combination of our TV, Radio and digital assets can reach 95% of Australians, engaging over 10 million people per week, making us a truly integrated media company.
Employing approximately 2,500 staff nationally, SCA is an exciting, vibrant, energetic and progressive company. Our values are the standards which our people share that guide our day-to-day decisions, shape or individual and collective behaviour and make us who we are today.
The opportunities to grow your career is endless when you’re working for one of Australia’s leading media companies. We provide all staff with ongoing support and guidance to develop your skills, grow your media career and reach your full potential.
We are committed to advancing equal employment opportunities for our staff and to diversify and develop our workforce. Furthermore, we aim to recognise the value of attracting and retaining employees with different backgrounds, experience, knowledge and abilities. We also aim to ensure diversity contributes to our business success and benefits individuals, teams, clients and the community.