Melbourne - Salaried
- Seeking culture-focused leader to join SCA's Melbourne team
- Newly created role with exciting scope and opportunity
- Join SCA, the home of iconic media brands - FOX FM, Triple M & PodcastOne Australia
Southern Cross Austereo is all about delivering absolutely engaging entertainment solutions across an unrivalled portfolio of multimedia brands with the biggest shows, best talent and most exciting events across Australia. We engage staff who are the best in the business and want to work for a supportive, exciting and dynamic company with a culture of high performance.
We are looking for a leader to join our Melbourne team in the role of Operations Manager. As a key part of the Melbourne Leadership Team, you will be responsible for the effective and efficient management of the Melbourne office operations. You will be coordinating an office of creative, passionate, highly motivated and skilled media professionals. Culturally, you will be able to bring your team on a journey of growth and possess attributes such as high levels of energy, EQ, humility, authenticity, and transparency.
Make no mistake, we are looking for the best. As the successful applicant you will have:
- Experience leading diverse teams in a commercial environment (media industry experience highly desirable)
- Strong interpersonal skills and the ability to motivate teams and individuals to consistently perform at high levels
- Project management skills and the ability to maintain composure, positivity, and a level head during periods of change
- Strong strategic vision and the ability to use financial and business information to inform decisions and implement strategic initiatives
- The ability to rapidly build trust and rapport with external stakeholders, with a passion for local industry and community within your market
- A thirst for knowledge, proactively across local, national, global news and industry trends
In addition, you will have excellent self-management skills, strong work ethic and the ability to influence and inspire others. This is a fantastic opportunity for an up and coming leader who is looking to test themselves and their skills in a vibrant and ever-changing environment.
Most of all, SCA is a values driven organisation- If you genuinely live and breathe our values, you’ll be a perfect fit for SCA. We collaborate, take initiative, maximise creativity, have courage and act with integrity.
Interested? Apply now by submitting your resume and cover letter, including salary expectations.
Please note that SCA reserves the right to commence recruitment activities immediately and that applications may be closed once a suitable talent pool has been soured. To avoid disappointment, please submit your application at your earliest convenience.
As one of Australia's most innovative and exciting entertainment-based media companies, working for Southern Cross Austereo is far more than a job – it’s an opportunity to be associated with one of the world’s leaders in media entertainment. Our radio networks are committed to delivering the country’s best entertainment, music, sport, comedy and big events to Australians whilst our digital division is leading the way in thought leadership and innovation. We also have affiliation arrangements with all of the metropolitan commercial television networks which means SCA’s television services cover most of regional Australia. The combination of our TV, Radio and digital assets can reach 95% of Australians, engaging over 10 million people per week, making us a truly integrated media company.
Employing approximately 2,500 staff nationally, SCA is an exciting, vibrant, energetic and progressive company. Our values are the standards which our people share that guide our day-to-day decisions, shape or individual and collective behaviour and make us who we are today.
The opportunities to grow your career is endless when you’re working for one of Australia’s leading media companies. We provide all staff with ongoing support and guidance to develop your skills, grow your media career and reach your full potential.
We are committed to advancing equal employment opportunities for our staff and to diversify and develop our workforce. Furthermore, we aim to recognise the value of attracting and retaining employees with different backgrounds, experience, knowledge and abilities. We also aim to ensure diversity contributes to our business success and benefits individuals, teams, clients and the community.