Marketing Manager - Boomtown Project
Sydney - Contract
Based in the SCA offices in Sydney and reporting directly to the Chief Marketing Officer, the Marketing Manager is responsible for implementing unique and compelling trade marketing campaigns across all media channels nationally to both internal and external stakeholders supported by the Boomtown marketing executive. This role is initially available on a 12-month contract.
As our newest Boomtown Marketing Manager, it'll be your responsibility to deliver an innovative multi-platform trade strategy to showcase Boomtown’s full brand opportunity, activities, ideas, and sales strategies to deliver high awareness and appeal of Boomtown’s goal.
The Boomtown brand is an Australian first collaboration of eight Australian media owners to shine the light on the benefits of advertising in regional Australia and its 8.8 million residents. This key position will building positive business perceptions on regional Australia (increase 'Boomtown' awareness), drive market demand for the media owners’ business and sales solutions that positively impact revenue targets.
Your duties & responsibilities are to:
- Manage and implement the 2021 strategy within budget and approved deadlines whilst proactively identifying opportunities that will add value to the day to day activity.
- Put together a comprehensive trade media strategy for 2021 that will reach Boomtown’s target audience, negotiate pricing and ad placements, and execute implementation whilst building relationships with media buyers, media planners and channel owners.
- Manage Boomtown events, sponsorships and activations with the support of an events team. Follow relevant market opportunities and provide innovative suggestions to the working group.
- Develop a Social Media strategy to increase brand awareness, media community following and engagement through the communication of innovative activity and other updates in an inspiring way.
- Ensure the Boomtown website is developed, maintained and marketed as the industry leading regional trade site delivering insights, brand updates, research summaries, press announcements and more. Provide website reporting to the working group.
- Put together a yearly EDM strategy based on key promotional campaign events, collate relevant target lists, brief creative and execute EDMs on approved dates
- Work with the PR Manager to assemble the 2021 PR strategy for various promotional campaigns to find the best way to communicate the Boomtown initiative to our target audience as we increase our profile and build brand awareness. Collate all coverage and reports and share with media owners when required.
- Build and maintain effective communications with all Boomtown media owners notifying them of any updates and involving them in the decision process for significant strategic activities.
Required Skills & Knowledge:
- Relevant tertiary qualifications and/or extensive experience and a proven track record in marketing project management
- Experienced in effectively implementing and running strong and positive stakeholder relations
- Strong creative marketing skills
- Sound verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to innovate and communicate ideas effectively
- Ability to speak and present in a public forum representing the Boomtown collective
- Ability to effectively manage a Marketing Executive and manage a diverse senior group of internal stakeholders
- Understanding of the Australian media landscape and up to date with the industry news will be valued
Interested? Please apply today by submitting your resume and cover letter.
Please note that SCA & the Boomtown collective reserve the right to commence recruitment activities immediately, applications may close once a suitable candidate pool has been received. So if you are keen, please don't delay! Apply today!
As one of Australia's most innovative and exciting entertainment-based media companies, working for Southern Cross Austereo is far more than a job – it’s an opportunity to be associated with one of the world’s leaders in media entertainment. Our radio networks are committed to delivering the country’s best entertainment, music, sport, comedy and big events to Australians whilst our digital division is leading the way in thought leadership and innovation. We also have affiliation arrangements with all of the metropolitan commercial television networks which means SCA’s television services cover most of regional Australia. The combination of our TV, Radio and digital assets can reach 95% of Australians, engaging over 10 million people per week, making us a truly integrated media company.
Employing approximately 2,500 staff nationally, SCA is an exciting, vibrant, energetic and progressive company. Our values are the standards which our people share that guide our day-to-day decisions, shape or individual and collective behaviour and make us who we are today.
The opportunities to grow your career is endless when you’re working for one of Australia’s leading media companies. We provide all staff with ongoing support and guidance to develop your skills, grow your media career and reach your full potential.
We are committed to advancing equal employment opportunities for our staff and to diversify and develop our workforce. Furthermore, we aim to recognise the value of attracting and retaining employees with different backgrounds, experience, knowledge and abilities. We also aim to ensure diversity contributes to our business success and benefits individuals, teams, clients and the community.