Newcastle - Salaried
Southern Cross Austereo is all about delivering absolutely engaging entertainment solutions across an unrivalled portfolio of multimedia brands with the biggest shows, best talent and most exciting events across Australia. We reach 95% of Australians through radio, TV and digital medias- led by key brands such as the Triple M and Hit Networks. We engage staff who are the best in the business and want to work for a supportive, exciting and dynamic national company with a culture of high performance.
This is a rare opportunity to join our team as an Receptionist / Office Manager who will provide high levels of customer service and administration support to SCA's Newcastle and Central Coast team. The role would suit a passionate administrator with experience in a deadline driven environment and administrative support services. Please note this role will be based from our Newcastle office on Honeysuckle Drive.
As the first point of contact for two bustling SCA offices, you will embrace SCA's values and throw yourself wholeheartedly into fostering a vibrant, inclusive and engaging company culture. This is a challenging and dynamic position which requires energy and passion for the work. Few days will be the same, as you manage the various operational and administrative needs of the GM and the wider Newcastle and Central Coast teams.
What you’ll need to succeed:
- Proven experience as a Receptionist, Office Assistant, and/or Office Manager within a fast-paced workplace
- Experience managing a busy switchboard, with exceptional interpersonal and communication skills
- A proactive approach to work, a can-do attitude and a warm disposition towards all you meet
- Advanced skills in Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook and PowerPoint
- Experience managing the day-to-day operations of a busy office, such as managing third party vendors (i.e. stationary orders)
- Exceptional time management skills, with events and/or project management experience (desirable)
- The ability to remain professional, positive and focused when under pressure
- A sense of humour and the ability to think on your feet and to think creatively to solve problems
- A passion for the media industry, you will represent SCA to all external vendors with enthusiasm and integrity
Above all, SCA is a values driven organisation- If you genuinely live and breathe our values, you’ll be a perfect fit for SCA. We collaborate, take initiative, maximise creativity, have courage and act with integrity.
Interested? Apply now by submitting your resume and cover letter, including salary expectations.
As one of Australia's most innovative and exciting entertainment-based media companies, working for Southern Cross Austereo is far more than a job – it’s an opportunity to be associated with one of the world’s leaders in media entertainment. Our radio networks are committed to delivering the country’s best entertainment, music, sport, comedy and big events to Australians whilst our digital division is leading the way in thought leadership and innovation. We also have affiliation arrangements with all of the metropolitan commercial television networks which means SCA’s television services cover most of regional Australia. The combination of our TV, Radio and digital assets can reach 95% of Australians, engaging over 10 million people per week, making us a truly integrated media company.
Employing approximately 2,500 staff nationally, SCA is an exciting, vibrant, energetic and progressive company. Our values are the standards which our people share that guide our day-to-day decisions, shape or individual and collective behaviour and make us who we are today.
The opportunities to grow your career is endless when you’re working for one of Australia’s leading media companies. We provide all staff with ongoing support and guidance to develop your skills, grow your media career and reach your full potential.
We are committed to advancing equal employment opportunities for our staff and to diversify and develop our workforce. Furthermore, we aim to recognise the value of attracting and retaining employees with different backgrounds, experience, knowledge and abilities. We also aim to ensure diversity contributes to our business success and benefits individuals, teams, clients and the community.