Sydney - Salaried, Contract
As the Executive Producer for Hughesy, Ed and Erin you will be responsible for managing the day to day activities and ongoing projects of our 2DayFM breakfast team. As EP, it’ll be your job to oversee every aspect of on-air content and talent, executing the overall strategic direction of the show alongside the Content Manager.
We are on the hunt for a seasoned Radio producer who has the hunger, ambition, and skills to take Hughesy, Ed & Erin to new heights! Not to mention, you’ll get to lead a vibrant & high performing team of production superstars. So, if you love early mornings, working in a high energy environment and aren’t afraid of a challenge, we want you!
Please note: this position is offered on a 12-Month Parental Leave contract.
As the winning candidate, you must:
- Think differently, have great creative ideas, with the ability to bring those ideas to life on-air.
- Have experience producing exceptional content for commercial radio within a metro market.
- Have an in-depth understanding of the breakfast radio market including strategic drivers and audience patterns.
- Have an excellent knowledge of the Sydney market.
- Be a bulldog when it comes to chasing content and guests, you will stop at nothing!
- Be able to multitask, work to tight deadlines and remain calm under pressure.
- Be proactive, super organised and take initiative to innovate with the show vision.
- Be connected to pop culture and current affairs that are relevant to the 2DayFM audience.
- Be proficient in social media platforms and how to utilise them.
- Possess first-class verbal and written communication skills.
- Be able to work cooperatively with multiple teams from audio, visual, talent and other show producers.
- Have superior knowledge of Commercial Radio’s Codes of Practice & Guidelines.
- Be an early bird, who is comfortable working breakfast hours.
As a member of our Content Team, you'll be tasked with creating truly compelling content that gets talked about. You'll be relentless in your pursuit of the best on air content. Importantly, you'll leave no stone unturned to transform your amazing ideas into the real thing.
The opportunities are endless when you’re working for one of Australia’s leading media companies. As the newest member of the team you’ll get all the support and guidance you need to develop your skills, grow your career and reach your full potential.
Keen? Apply now by submitting your resume and cover letter outlining your salary expectations.
Please note that SCA reserves the right to commence recruitment activities immediately and may close applications once a suitable pool of applications have been received. So if you are keen, please don't delay!
As one of Australia's most innovative and exciting entertainment-based media companies, working for Southern Cross Austereo is far more than a job – it’s an opportunity to be associated with one of the world’s leaders in media entertainment. Our radio networks are committed to delivering the country’s best entertainment, music, sport, comedy and big events to Australians whilst our digital division is leading the way in thought leadership and innovation. We also have affiliation arrangements with all of the metropolitan commercial television networks which means SCA’s television services cover most of regional Australia. The combination of our TV, Radio and digital assets can reach 95% of Australians, engaging over 10 million people per week, making us a truly integrated media company.
Employing approximately 2,500 staff nationally, SCA is an exciting, vibrant, energetic and progressive company. Our values are the standards which our people share that guide our day-to-day decisions, shape or individual and collective behaviour and make us who we are today.
The opportunities to grow your career is endless when you’re working for one of Australia’s leading media companies. We provide all staff with ongoing support and guidance to develop your skills, grow your media career and reach your full potential.
We are committed to advancing equal employment opportunities for our staff and to diversify and develop our workforce. Furthermore, we aim to recognise the value of attracting and retaining employees with different backgrounds, experience, knowledge and abilities. We also aim to ensure diversity contributes to our business success and benefits individuals, teams, clients and the community.