Melbourne - Salaried
Southern Cross Austereo is an exciting, vibrant, energetic and progressive company employing over 2000 staff nationally. We are dedicated to delivering firsts in entertainment solutions with the ability to reach 95% of Australians through our Radio, TV and Digital channels. Working at Southern Cross Austereo is far more than a job – it’s an opportunity to be associated with one of the world’s leaders in media entertainment.
What’s in it for you?
- Permanent position
- Birthday leave, training and development opportunities, health and wellbeing initiatives, in-office culture events, corporate offers, PLUS much more!
- Highly supportive culture that enables you to be your best unique self!
- Attractive salary package and opportunity for progression
The roles on offer:
Reporting into the Melbourne News Editor, we currently have multiple opportunities for high performing Journalists to join our Melbourne newsroom. As an SCA Journalist you will be responsible for identifying, creating and delivering compelling news to a targeted audience, while having a high level of experience and competence. Our Journalists work across our numerous media assets and as such you must be flexible to adapt and pivot where required.
As our successful candidate, you will be genuinely excited about providing our listeners with the most relevant, up to date news through our On Air, Digital Audio and Online channels.
The skills and experience you will need:
- Have a minimum of three years full time commercial radio experience
- Will have a confident, conversational reading style that is adaptive across both radio and podcasts
- Can work on creating accurate, punchy and creative bulletins on tight deadlines, but equally dive into longer form audio journalism.
- Love to work in both a solo and team environment
- Have excellent knowledge of news and sport - knowledge of local, national and international issues is crucial
- Have excellent communication skills, both written and verbal
- Understand social media and experience using it as a newsgathering technique
- Experience with NewsBoss is preferable
These positions offer entry into a fast moving and progressive environment. Passion for delivering great results will be key to your success.
Keen? Apply now by submitting your CV, cover letter and a recent Air Check.
Please note: Applications WILL NOT be considered without Air Check.
Southern Cross Austereo reserves the right to commence recruitment activities prior to the stated closing date.
As one of Australia's most innovative and exciting entertainment-based media companies, working for Southern Cross Austereo is far more than a job – it’s an opportunity to be associated with one of the world’s leaders in media entertainment. Our radio networks are committed to delivering the country’s best entertainment, music, sport, comedy and big events to Australians whilst our digital division is leading the way in thought leadership and innovation. We also have affiliation arrangements with all of the metropolitan commercial television networks which means SCA’s television services cover most of regional Australia. The combination of our TV, Radio and digital assets can reach 95% of Australians, engaging over 10 million people per week, making us a truly integrated media company.
Employing approximately 2,500 staff nationally, SCA is an exciting, vibrant, energetic and progressive company. Our values are the standards which our people share that guide our day-to-day decisions, shape or individual and collective behaviour and make us who we are today.
The opportunities to grow your career is endless when you’re working for one of Australia’s leading media companies. We provide all staff with ongoing support and guidance to develop your skills, grow your media career and reach your full potential.
We are committed to advancing equal employment opportunities for our staff and to diversify and develop our workforce. Furthermore, we aim to recognise the value of attracting and retaining employees with different backgrounds, experience, knowledge and abilities. We also aim to ensure diversity contributes to our business success and benefits individuals, teams, clients and the community.