Sydney - Salaried
Southern Cross Austereo (SCA) is all about delivering absolutely engaging entertainment solutions across an unrivalled portfolio of multimedia brands with the biggest shows, best talent and most exciting events across Australia. We reach 95% of Australians through radio, TV and digital medias- led by key brands such as LiSTNR, the Triple M and Hit Networks. We engage staff who are the best in the business and want to work for a supportive, exciting and dynamic national company with a culture of high performance.
Based in Sydney, the Data Engineer is responsible for the end-to-end management of SCA data pipelines. Through this, you will prepare, maintain and operate these data pipelines in order to produce digestible dashboards, statistical analysis and modelling for SCA stakeholder groups. You will have an astute eye for quality standards and our ideal candidate will consistently deliver best-practice advice and outcomes pertaining to data architecture, engineering, system design, and all aspects of data modelling.
As our newest SCA team member, you will be responsible for:
- Preparing, maintaining and operating SCA data pipeline infrastructure
- Working closely with numerous SCA stakeholder groups to capitalise on useful data to drive better insights
- Acting as a Data custodian responsible for the sourcing, and preparation of quality and trusted data for the use of the extended team
- Building and deploying machine learning and analytics models into production
- Facilitating faster Data collection process by improving technology/infrastructure over time
- Efficient data discovery with new CDP infrastructure
- Implementing improvement working models, adopting best practices working with AI/ML partners
- Acquiring, ingesting, and processing data from multiple sources and systems into our data platforms
- Aiding in the adoption of best practices design for SCA databases in order to cater to downstream reporting, AI/ML solutions
- Continuously aligning architecture with changing business requirements
Additionally, you will have:
- Degree qualification in Business Analytics, Engineering, Data Science (Desirable)
- Strong understanding of distributed systems, especially Hadoop, Spark, Airflow, BigQuery
- Understanding of ETL, Big data pipeline
- Strong programming skills Python, Java/Scala
- High level understanding of design patterns
- Expertise with a diverse range data modelling technique’s
- Superior communication skills and ability to work as part of cross functional teams.
In return, you will be offered an attractive base salary of $130,000 + Superannuation.
Still not convinced?
The benefits of working for us are countless – to name a few we provide flexible working arrangements, a focus on work-life balance, plenty of opportunity for internal progression, health insurance discounts, workplace banking program, special client discounts throughout the year, social gatherings – the list goes on!
Keen? Apply now by submitting your resume and cover letter.
As one of Australia's most innovative and exciting entertainment-based media companies, working for Southern Cross Austereo is far more than a job – it’s an opportunity to be associated with one of the world’s leaders in media entertainment. Our radio networks are committed to delivering the country’s best entertainment, music, sport, comedy and big events to Australians whilst our digital division is leading the way in thought leadership and innovation. We also have affiliation arrangements with all of the metropolitan commercial television networks which means SCA’s television services cover most of regional Australia. The combination of our TV, Radio and digital assets can reach 95% of Australians, engaging over 10 million people per week, making us a truly integrated media company.
Employing approximately 2,500 staff nationally, SCA is an exciting, vibrant, energetic and progressive company. Our values are the standards which our people share that guide our day-to-day decisions, shape or individual and collective behaviour and make us who we are today.
The opportunities to grow your career is endless when you’re working for one of Australia’s leading media companies. We provide all staff with ongoing support and guidance to develop your skills, grow your media career and reach your full potential.
We are committed to advancing equal employment opportunities for our staff and to diversify and develop our workforce. Furthermore, we aim to recognise the value of attracting and retaining employees with different backgrounds, experience, knowledge and abilities. We also aim to ensure diversity contributes to our business success and benefits individuals, teams, clients and the community.