Assistant Content Director/Announcer
Perth - Salaried
What’s in it for you?
- Working at a radio station that still has it’s ‘New Car Smell’
- Permanent position
- Flexible working environment (we offer a range of flexible working options, not just working from home).
- Birthday leave, training and development opportunities, health and wellbeing initiatives, in-office culture events, corporate offers, PLUS much more!
- Highly supportive culture that enables you to be your best unique self!
- Attractive salary package and opportunity for progression
- The warm embrace of WA’s strong borders
What’s the role?
It’s what you make it!
Reporting into the Head of 92.9 Triple M Content, the Assistant Content Director/Announcer is responsible for helping to execute the strategic and operational plan of Triple M Perth and ensure the continued success of the station.
You will also have a regular on-air shift to present as well, (Either as a show anchor or a music shift – it depends on the candidate) so knowing your Bono from your Bon Scott will be key!
You’ll be assisting with writing imaging for the station, assisting with Operations and Formguiding too.
But most importantly you’ll be immersing yourself as a leader in a team with a goal to eventually become a Content Director.
Your primary aim will be ensuring SCA’s strategic plan is delivered through all content, and ultimately you will be responsible for delivering winning, engaging audio. In addition, you will maintain exceptional levels of on-air execution, ensuring that only fresh and relevant content goes to air and that our listeners love what they hear.
What you’ll need?
- Minimum 3 years experience in a Commercial Radio Environment
- Proven experience leading people/teams
- Significant on-air experience with the ability to carry shifts at a commercial level (Either as a show anchor or a music shift)
- A distinctive and unique on-air presence with a style that complements Triple M
- A hunger to do whatever it takes to create creative and unique content aligned to the brand
- A desire to learn talent management and show development
- Outstanding communication skills and the ability to engage the Triple M Network’s target audience
- Exceptional time management, the ability to maintain focus and output when working under pressure
- An expert of execution
- Initiative! You don’t need to wait to be given Projects – You hunt them down
- An ability to keep on your toes within a fast-paced, ever changing environment. Be nimble!
- Possess an intimate knowledge of CRA’s Codes of Practice and Broadcasting Standards
- Be genuinely passionate about the industry and have the desire to be a future leader of SCA
Keen? Apply now by submitting your CV, cover letter, outlining your relevant experience and salary expectations as well as a recent Aircheck. An example of some script writing with the Triple M tone in mind wouldn’t go astray. Neither would a picture of your pet wearing a jaunty hat.
Please note: Applications will not be considered without an aircheck.
Southern Cross Austereo reserves the right to commence recruitment activities immediately and may close the advertisement once a pool of suitable applicants has been received.
As one of Australia's most innovative and exciting entertainment-based media companies, working for Southern Cross Austereo is far more than a job – it’s an opportunity to be associated with one of the world’s leaders in media entertainment. Our radio networks are committed to delivering the country’s best entertainment, music, sport, comedy and big events to Australians whilst our digital division is leading the way in thought leadership and innovation. We also have affiliation arrangements with all of the metropolitan commercial television networks which means SCA’s television services cover most of regional Australia. The combination of our TV, Radio and digital assets can reach 95% of Australians, engaging over 10 million people per week, making us a truly integrated media company.
Employing approximately 2,500 staff nationally, SCA is an exciting, vibrant, energetic and progressive company. Our values are the standards which our people share that guide our day-to-day decisions, shape or individual and collective behaviour and make us who we are today.
The opportunities to grow your career is endless when you’re working for one of Australia’s leading media companies. We provide all staff with ongoing support and guidance to develop your skills, grow your media career and reach your full potential.
We are committed to advancing equal employment opportunities for our staff and to diversify and develop our workforce. Furthermore, we aim to recognise the value of attracting and retaining employees with different backgrounds, experience, knowledge and abilities. We also aim to ensure diversity contributes to our business success and benefits individuals, teams, clients and the community.