Sydney, Melbourne - Salaried
Open your ears to a new world of audio! In culmination with Southern Cross Austereo, LiSTNR is a curated and personalised Audio-On-Demand app offering an expansive suite of digital audio content including radio, podcasts, sport, music and news. SCA is an exciting, vibrant, energetic, and progressive media company employing over 2000 staff nationally. We are dedicated to delivering firsts in entertainment solutions and working here is far more than a job – it’s an opportunity to be associated with one of the world’s leaders in media entertainment.
LiSTNR is an Australian owned and operated audio destination with a clear growth strategy, and we are looking for exceptional talent to join us on our journey to grow our digital audio footprint.
What’s on offer for you?
- Permanent position based out of our vibrant Sydney or Melbourne office.
- Flexible working environment (we offer a range of flexible working options, not just working from home).
- Training and development opportunities, health and wellbeing initiatives, Birthday leave, in-office culture events, corporate offers, PLUS much more!
- Highly supportive and creative culture that enables you to be your best unique self!
- Attractive salary package and opportunity for progression
The role on offer:
Reporting into the Head of LiSTNR Podcast Operations, the LiSTNR Editor will be responsible for the curation and presentation of content on the LiSTNR app and website in order to drive audience engagement with our audio-on-demand offering. Importantly, the successful candidate will be highly adept at translating data and insights to inform curation and placement decisions in order to offer a highly engaging and personalised experience for our audience. We are looking for someone that has digital/website editorial experience and is comfortable working with wide array of internal stakeholders to ensure we can continue to maximise our content offering through LiSTNR’s assets.
The role offers you entry into a fast-paced and high performing team with the ability for the successful candidate to really make this role their own.
Some more of the skills and experience you will need:
- Extensive experience in digital/website editorial and an appreciation for user-behaviour
- Intrinsic understanding of audience behaviour and how this can be influenced through content
- Tertiary qualification in Journalism or Communications (advantageous)
- Ability to capitalise on data to inform content placement and discoverability on LiSTNR assets
- Excellent research, troubleshooting, problem-solving skills as well as attention to detail
- Advanced knowledge of best practice cross-media production techniques including new media usability principals and deliver content to correct specifications
- Excellent understanding of web and digital based platforms including CMS, Podcast hosting platforms and Data and Analytics tools
- Exceptional communication both verbal and written
- Capacity to deal with multiple stakeholders with different backgrounds and skill sets ie Content, Marketing, Product, Data and Insights
Keen? Apply now by submitting your CV and cover letter, outlining your relevant experience and salary expectation.
Southern Cross Austereo reserves the right to commence recruitment activities immediately and may close advertising once a suitable pool of applicants has been received. Don’t delay, apply today!
As one of Australia's most innovative and exciting entertainment-based media companies, working for Southern Cross Austereo is far more than a job – it’s an opportunity to be associated with one of the world’s leaders in media entertainment. Our radio networks are committed to delivering the country’s best entertainment, music, sport, comedy and big events to Australians whilst our digital division is leading the way in thought leadership and innovation. We also have affiliation arrangements with all of the metropolitan commercial television networks which means SCA’s television services cover most of regional Australia. The combination of our TV, Radio and digital assets can reach 95% of Australians, engaging over 10 million people per week, making us a truly integrated media company.
Employing approximately 2,500 staff nationally, SCA is an exciting, vibrant, energetic and progressive company. Our values are the standards which our people share that guide our day-to-day decisions, shape or individual and collective behaviour and make us who we are today.
The opportunities to grow your career is endless when you’re working for one of Australia’s leading media companies. We provide all staff with ongoing support and guidance to develop your skills, grow your media career and reach your full potential.
We are committed to advancing equal employment opportunities for our staff and to diversify and develop our workforce. Furthermore, we aim to recognise the value of attracting and retaining employees with different backgrounds, experience, knowledge and abilities. We also aim to ensure diversity contributes to our business success and benefits individuals, teams, clients and the community.