Senior Producer - Audio Fiction
Sydney, Melbourne - Salaried
LiSTNR Podcasts has big ambitions and we are looking for exceptional audio production talent to come on this journey with us to becoming Australia’s favourite audio destination!
Open your ears to a new world of audio! In culmination with Southern Cross Austereo, LiSTNR is a curated and personalised Audio-On-Demand app offering an expansive suite of digital audio content including radio, podcasts, music and news. SCA is an exciting, vibrant, energetic, and progressive media company employing over 2000 staff nationally. We are dedicated to delivering firsts in entertainment solutions and working here is far more than a job – it’s an opportunity to be associated with one of the world’s leaders in media entertainment.
What’s in it for you?
- Role can be based out of our Sydney OR Melbourne Office
- Flexible working environment (we offer a range of flexible working options, not just working from home).
- Birthday leave, training and development opportunities, health and wellbeing initiatives, in-office culture events, corporate offers, PLUS much more!
- Highly supportive culture that enables you to be your best unique self!
- Attractive salary package and opportunity for progression
The role on offer:
Reporting into the Senior Executive Producer – Factual & Drama Original Podcasts the Senior Producer will be responsible for supervising the creative direction and production of LiSTNR’s original audio fiction podcasts. This is a truly 360-degree role in which you will oversee the full podcast production lifecycle including pitch and script assessments, script development, coordinating writer’s rooms, script feedback, casting and writing up sonic style briefings for audio imagers and sound designers as well as talent direction in voiceover sessions. You will be a natural go-getter and someone that is constantly creating; your key to success will be your passion for audio fiction and desire to work within Australia’s most exciting Audio-On-Demand ecosystem.
The skills and experience you will need:
- Significant podcast producing experience (audio fiction knowledge and background advantageous).
- Previous experience vocal directing for audio dramas specifically or associated skills (e.g. theatre directing, dramaturg or ADR work in TV).
- Have a talent for constructing narratives and a great understanding of what makes good storytelling.
- Exceptional script writing ability.
- The ability to record and edit audio to a high standard.
- The ability to identify and critique different types of audio production.
- Be collaborative, consultative, and able to get the best out of creative talent.
- Possess excellent project management skills, with the ability to manage concurrent project timelines.
Keen? Apply now by submitting your CV and cover letter, outlining your relevant experience and salary expectation.
Southern Cross Austereo reserves the right to commence recruitment activities immediately and may close advertising once a pool of suitable applicants has been received. Don’t delay, apply today!
As one of Australia's most innovative and exciting entertainment-based media companies, working for Southern Cross Austereo is far more than a job – it’s an opportunity to be associated with one of the world’s leaders in media entertainment. Our radio networks are committed to delivering the country’s best entertainment, music, sport, comedy and big events to Australians whilst our digital division is leading the way in thought leadership and innovation. We also have affiliation arrangements with all of the metropolitan commercial television networks which means SCA’s television services cover most of regional Australia. The combination of our TV, Radio and digital assets can reach 95% of Australians, engaging over 10 million people per week, making us a truly integrated media company.
Employing approximately 2,500 staff nationally, SCA is an exciting, vibrant, energetic and progressive company. Our values are the standards which our people share that guide our day-to-day decisions, shape or individual and collective behaviour and make us who we are today.
The opportunities to grow your career is endless when you’re working for one of Australia’s leading media companies. We provide all staff with ongoing support and guidance to develop your skills, grow your media career and reach your full potential.
We are committed to advancing equal employment opportunities for our staff and to diversify and develop our workforce. Furthermore, we aim to recognise the value of attracting and retaining employees with different backgrounds, experience, knowledge and abilities. We also aim to ensure diversity contributes to our business success and benefits individuals, teams, clients and the community.