Launceston - Salaried
What’s in it for you?
- Permanent position based in our Launceston News Room.
- Birthday leave, training and development opportunities, health and wellbeing initiatives, in-office culture events, corporate offers, PLUS much more!
- Highly supportive culture that enables you to be your best unique self!
- Opportunity for progression
The role on offer:
Based in Launceston, the role will see the successful applicant work with our experienced crew to report and produce content for our daily Tasmanian Television News Service. Our affiliation with the 7 Network offers the opportunity to work on network shows like Sunrise, Afternoon News programs and The Latest. We’re looking for someone with good communication skills, solid news judgement, high attention to detail and the ability to work in a breaking news environment.
The skills and experience you will need:
- 2+ years broadcast journalism experience
- Love to work in both a solo and team environment
- Can work comfortably with news operations and systems
- Have excellent communication skills, both written and verbal
- Exceptional time management skills with the ability to work under pressure and to tight deadlines
Keen? Apply now by submitting your resume and cover letter.
As one of Australia's most innovative and exciting entertainment-based media companies, working for Southern Cross Austereo is far more than a job – it’s an opportunity to be associated with one of the world’s leaders in media entertainment. Our radio networks are committed to delivering the country’s best entertainment, music, sport, comedy and big events to Australians whilst our digital division is leading the way in thought leadership and innovation. We also have affiliation arrangements with all of the metropolitan commercial television networks which means SCA’s television services cover most of regional Australia. The combination of our TV, Radio and digital assets can reach 95% of Australians, engaging over 10 million people per week, making us a truly integrated media company.
Employing approximately 2,500 staff nationally, SCA is an exciting, vibrant, energetic and progressive company. Our values are the standards which our people share that guide our day-to-day decisions, shape or individual and collective behaviour and make us who we are today.
The opportunities to grow your career is endless when you’re working for one of Australia’s leading media companies. We provide all staff with ongoing support and guidance to develop your skills, grow your media career and reach your full potential.
We are committed to advancing equal employment opportunities for our staff and to diversify and develop our workforce. Furthermore, we aim to recognise the value of attracting and retaining employees with different backgrounds, experience, knowledge and abilities. We also aim to ensure diversity contributes to our business success and benefits individuals, teams, clients and the community.