Finance Business Partner
Sydney - Salaried
Southern Cross Austereo is an exciting, vibrant, energetic and progressive company employing over 2000 staff nationally. We are dedicated to delivering firsts in entertainment solutions with the ability to reach 95% of Australians through our Radio, TV and Digital channels.
Reporting to the Head of Commercial Finance, our newest Finance Business Partner will have a focus across the operations of our Sydney business as well as our group wide Technology & Sales functions respectively. You will be the primary business partner to a number of Executives within in our Sydney office and a key member of our Sydney leadership team.
What’s on offer for you:
- Permanent position in our vibrant, social, & freshly renovated office spaces in Worldsquare, Sydney CBD.
- A range of flexible working options and well-being initiatives to support work-life balance.
- Ongoing training and development opportunities, bespoke leadership training, mentoring programs, peer to peer recognition program, and the list goes on.
- Birthday leave, volunteer leave, access to health and well-being initiatives as well as corporate offers – plus a whole lot more.
- A meritocratic culture of innovation, growth, collaboration & team engagement.
You will work with senior members of both the National Technology, National Sales, & Sydney Executive teams to improve the performance of the business and ensure that the commercial operations are aligned with SCA’s corporate strategy, business plans and annual budgets.
You will take a proactive, consultative and strategic approach to working with your stakeholders, and will be comfortable influencing senior leaders to optimise commercial outcomes for SCA and all respective business units. You will have a finance background with a focus on partnering with the business and driving performance within a large, complex organisation.
In particular, we are looking for someone who has:
- Excellent communication skills and the ability to get a message understood clearly by adopting a range of styles, tools and techniques appropriate to the audience and nature of the information
- Strong commercial and financial acumen and is able to make a genuine contribution to the growth of the business above profitability
- Strong understanding of key business drivers within a large, complex organisation (media industry experience desired, but not essential)
- Shows a high level of discretion and sensitivity when dealing with confidential or sensitive information
- Excellent communication skills, comfortable influencing and advising senior executive leaders to optimise commercial decision making
- Is proactive with the energy and drive, looking for challenges with a strong desire to succeed. Is optimistic and has the ability to continually overcome resistance to change
SCA provides an inclusive environment for all our employees. We welcome applicants from diverse backgrounds to apply and would love to talk to you about our flexible working arrangements and career pathways.
Interested? Apply now by submitting your resumé and cover letter. We look forward to receiving your application.
As one of Australia's most innovative and exciting entertainment-based media companies, working for Southern Cross Austereo is far more than a job – it’s an opportunity to be associated with one of the world’s leaders in media entertainment. Our radio networks are committed to delivering the country’s best entertainment, music, sport, comedy and big events to Australians whilst our digital division is leading the way in thought leadership and innovation. We also have affiliation arrangements with all of the metropolitan commercial television networks which means SCA’s television services cover most of regional Australia. The combination of our TV, Radio and digital assets can reach 95% of Australians, engaging over 10 million people per week, making us a truly integrated media company.
Employing approximately 2,500 staff nationally, SCA is an exciting, vibrant, energetic and progressive company. Our values are the standards which our people share that guide our day-to-day decisions, shape or individual and collective behaviour and make us who we are today.
The opportunities to grow your career is endless when you’re working for one of Australia’s leading media companies. We provide all staff with ongoing support and guidance to develop your skills, grow your media career and reach your full potential.
We are committed to advancing equal employment opportunities for our staff and to diversify and develop our workforce. Furthermore, we aim to recognise the value of attracting and retaining employees with different backgrounds, experience, knowledge and abilities. We also aim to ensure diversity contributes to our business success and benefits individuals, teams, clients and the community.