Editor - Hobart
Hobart - Full time
Southern Cross Austereo is Australia’s leading media entertainment company, home of LiSTNR and the Triple M & HIT network. With the ability to reach 95% of the population through our Radio, TV and Digital channels, our mission is to Entertain, Inform & Inspire all Australians Anytime. Anywhere!
In 2021 we launched LiSTNR, a curated and personalised Audio-On-Demand destination. It is home to the Hit & Triple M networks, 25 music stations and over 500 podcasts. LiSTNR is Australia’s #1 podcast network reaching more than 6.2 million monthly listeners.
We’re on the hunt for an Editor to join our team based in Hobart!
What’s on offer for you?
- Permanent position based out of our vibrant Hobart office.
- Industry leading and gender neutral Paid Parental Leave Policy which offers 20 weeks paid parental leave for a primary carer.
- Training and development opportunities, health and wellbeing initiatives, birthday leave, volunteer leave, concert tickets, footy tickets, social events – PLUS much more!
- Flexible working environment (we offer a range of flexible working options, not just working from home).
- Award-winning, highly supportive, and creative culture that enables you to be your best unique self!
The Editor is a key member of the production team, responsible for editing video, designing motion graphics, and creating animations for television commercials, social media content, long form video, event audiovisuals and more.
What you’ll be doing:
- Creating outstanding visual content by applying skills in edit and motion design.
- Working on a variety of projects simultaneously and prioritising tasks.
- Collaborating with producers and other production crew to deliver content to a high creative and technical standard.
- Liaising with clients and account managers throughout all stages of the commercial production process.
- Creating content in line with relevant legislation and industry codes of practice.
Experience we’re looking for:
- Experience with the Adobe Creative Cloud suite, especially AfterEffects and Premiere. Familiarity with Avid Media Composer is an advantage.
- Creative flair and a strong eye for design.
- Good communication and interpersonal skills.
- Results driven and delivery focussed.
- Self-motivated and with excellent team working skills.
We are a values driven organisation - if you genuinely live and breathe our values, you’ll be a great addition to SCA.
- We’re Better Together
- People are our Power
- Always Curious
- We Push Doors Open
- Be Genuine
Keen? Apply now by submitting your Showreel, Resume and Cover Letter via our Careers Page.
Hot tip: Make sure you download and sign up to LiSTNR – you may be asked about your listening experience throughout the interview process!
We are committed to advancing equal employment opportunities for our staff and to diversify and develop our workforce. Furthermore, we aim to recognise the value of attracting and retaining employees with different backgrounds, experience, knowledge and abilities. We also aim to ensure diversity contributes to our business success and benefits individuals, teams, clients and the community.