Junior Research & Insights Analyst
Brisbane - Salaried
Southern Cross Austereo is Australia’s leading media entertainment company, home of LiSTNR and the Triple M & HIT network. With the ability to reach 95% of the population through our Radio, TV and Digital channels, our mission is to Entertain, Inform & Inspire all Australians Anytime. Anywhere!
In 2021 we launched LiSTNR, a curated and personalised Audio-On-Demand destination. It is home to the Hit & Triple M networks, 25 music stations and over 500 podcasts. LiSTNR is Australia’s #1 podcast network reaching more than 6.2 million monthly listeners.
We’re on the hunt for a Junior Research and Insights Analyst to join our National Research & Insights team (SCAiQ) based in Brisbane.
What’s on offer for you?
- Permanent position based out of our vibrant Brisbane office
- Training and development opportunities, health and wellbeing initiatives, birthday leave, volunteer leave, concert tickets, footy tickets, social events – PLUS much more!
- Industry leading and gender neutral Paid Parental Leave Policy which offers 20 weeks paid parental leave for a primary carer.
- Award-winning, highly supportive and creative culture that enables you to be your best unique self!
- Flexible & hybrid working environment (we offer a range of flexible working options to help our people balance work and home life).
- Attractive salary package and opportunities for growth & progression – we love to promote internally across our 65 offices.
About the role:
As our newest Junior Research and Insights Analyst you be joining SCA iQ within the National Sales Insights and Effectiveness team to leverage sales revenue by providing up to date research analysis to the Local and Agency Sales Teams around the SCA network.
This role would suit someone just starting their media or market research career with full training provided.
What you’ll be doing:
- Produce high quality reports and key points documents (Audience Profiles, Category Insights and Market Profiles) for surveyed metro and regional markets to deliver to Sales and Content teams.
- Respond to research briefs (from both regional and metro markets) in a timely manner and produce documents that will impress clients and give us a competitive edge.
- Develop and analyse micro studies via Sparq to understand consumer/listener insights across different industries and consumer groups.
- Provide sales support for regional markets and metro markets
- Work with national teams and metro sales to provide national radio figures and insights
- Ensure that Research Standards are being continually met.
- Deliver a high level of internal client satisfaction through providing prompt, customer focused and professional responses to enquiries and requests.
- Write and present research in a visually appealing, clear and concise manner, maintaining a high standard of presentation and communication
- Follow competitor research output and to stay abreast of the external context and developing competitor strategy, in order to be able to respond effectively
- Keep up to date with relevant research studies and information, and to be well-informed about the media industry
- Continue to deliver insights into different industries, consumer groups and clients.
- Discover new trends and ideas that would be interesting to research within our own databases.
Experience we’re looking for:
- Degree in Media/Communications/Marketing or similar qualifications
- Knowledge of research software (GfK Radio Probe, Nielsen Clear Decisions, Nielsen Adviews, Roy Morgan Asteriod) is advantageous.
- Knowledge of survey software (Sparq) is advantageous.
- Exceptional written and verbal presentation skills. Must have the ability to tell a story through data with the aid of visual representation.
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office (Outlook, Powerpoint, Excel, Word)
- Advanced capabilities to conduct desk research
- Knowledge of the media and market research landscape both nationally and internationally
We are a values driven organisation - if you genuinely live and breathe our values, you’ll be a great addition to SCA.
- We’re Better Together
- People are our Power
- Always Curious
- We Push Doors Open
- Be Genuine
Still not convinced?
Head to our TikTok, Life@LiSTNR, for a sneak peak into some of the fun we have at SCA!
Keen? Apply now by submitting your resume via our careers page.
Hot tip: Make sure you download and sign up to LiSTNR – you may be asked about your listening experience throughout the interview process!
We are committed to advancing equal employment opportunities for our staff and to diversify and develop our workforce. Furthermore, we aim to recognise the value of attracting and retaining employees with different backgrounds, experience, knowledge and abilities. We also aim to ensure diversity contributes to our business success and benefits individuals, teams, clients and the community.