Melbourne - Salaried
Southern Cross Austereo is Australia’s leading media entertainment company, home of LiSTNR and the Triple M & HIT network. With the ability to reach 95% of the population through our Radio, TV and Digital channels, our mission is to Entertain, Inform & Inspire all Australians Anytime. Anywhere!
In 2021 we launched LiSTNR, a curated and personalised Audio-On-Demand destination. It is home to the Hit & Triple M networks, 25 music stations and over 500 podcasts. LiSTNR is Australia’s #1 podcast network reaching more than 8 million monthly listeners.
What’s on offer for you?
- Permanent position based out of our vibrant Melbourne office
- Training and development opportunities, health and wellbeing initiatives, birthday leave, volunteer leave, concert tickets, footy tickets, social events – PLUS much more!
- Industry leading and gender neutral Paid Parental Leave Policy which offers 20 weeks paid parental leave for a primary carer.
- Award-winning, highly supportive and creative culture that enables you to be your best unique self!
- Flexible & hybrid working environment (we offer a range of flexible working options to help our people balance work and home life).
- Attractive salary package and opportunities for growth & progression – we love to promote internally across our 65 offices!
About the role:
We’re on the hunt for an Account Manager to join our Sales team in Melbourne. This role reports to the Sales Manager and the purpose of the Account Manager is to maximise revenue potential by meeting and exceeding individual and team revenue goals by providing multi-platform advertising solutions to customers, through the implementation of customer focused selling.
What you’ll be doing:
- Deliver exceptional customer service by tailoring presentations to client specific needs and a pro-active approach to maximising revenue through customer focussed selling.
- Proactively prospect and search for new clients and business opportunities.
- To consistently achieve and exceed sales and market share targets within the allocated portfolio of Agency clients.
- Provide accurate and timely forecasts of achievement to budgets and goals.
- Maintain and grow client portfolio within Agencies and Direct businesses.
- Pro-actively maximise revenue opportunities through identifying clients marketing challenges and working with internal resources to provide solutions.
- Pro-actively identify and establish clear goals and plans for key and target accounts in line with the Customer Focused Selling service principles of account list management.
- Build and maintain strong relationships with both internal and external clients.
- Continually and pro-actively develop knowledge and expertise of the Southern Cross Austereo products and industries, including marketing expertise, business knowledge, researching tools and techniques, and the competitive environment.
- Develop and maintain a system for organising priorities and activities to ensure effective implementation of plans to achieve revenue goals.
- Communicate management information through completion of required reporting accurately and in a timely manner.
- Manage and develop your Account Coordinator, understanding that all tasks performed are ultimately the Account Manager’s responsibility.
- To negotiate to achieve the optimum balance between share, revenue and yield
- Execute all duties in accordance with direction and deadlines communicated by management.
- Entertain all clients both during and outside of standard work hours.
- Consistently work towards the achievement of the ‘Minimum Standards of Performance’ document.
- Other duties as requested by your manager.
- To ensure that the occupational health and safety of you and your fellow employees is a treated as a priority whilst ensuring action to prevent hazards is taken.
- Work collaboratively, flexibly and productively with a range of different team members and stakeholders
- Drive team effectiveness, team process improvement and a focus on delivering ‘high value’ outcomes
- Communicate constantly with key stakeholders, team mates and other people throughout the company
- Maintain professional and ethical behaviour
Experience we’re looking for:
- Excellent communication skills and the ability to adopt and using a range of styles, tools and techniques appropriate to customers both internally and externally.
- Strong negotiation skills and able to ensure value is maximised for both clients and the business.
- Superior Presentation Skills an able to deliver attractive, accurate and customer focused communication.
- 2-3 years of business to business selling experience with consistent and proven results.
- 2-3 years experience in new business development with consistent and proven results.
- 2-3 years experience of superior customer service.
- Understands basic marketing and business principals, and has the ability to use this understanding to help identify issues and opportunities for clients.
We are a values driven organisation - if you genuinely live and breathe our values, you’ll be a great addition to SCA.
- We’re Better Together
- People are our Power
- Always Curious
- We Push Doors Open
- Be Genuine
Still not convinced?
Head to our TikTok, Life@LiSTNR, for a sneak peak into some of the fun we have at SCA!
Keen? Apply now by submitting your resume via our careers page.
Hot tip: Make sure you download and sign up to LiSTNR – you may be asked about your listening experience throughout the interview process!
We are committed to advancing equal employment opportunities for our staff and to diversify and develop our workforce. Furthermore, we aim to recognise the value of attracting and retaining employees with different backgrounds, experience, knowledge and abilities. We also aim to ensure diversity contributes to our business success and benefits individuals, teams, clients and the community.