Senior Research & Insights Analyst
Brisbane - Contract
Southern Cross Austereo is Australia’s leading media entertainment company, home of LiSTNR and the Triple M & HIT network. With the ability to reach 95% of the population through our Radio, TV and Digital channels, our mission is to Entertain, Inform & Inspire all Australians Anytime. Anywhere!
In 2021 we launched LiSTNR, a curated and personalised Audio-On-Demand destination. It is home to the Hit & Triple M networks, 25 music stations and over 500 podcasts. LiSTNR is Australia’s #1 podcast network reaching more than 8 million monthly listeners.
What’s on offer for you?
- 15 month contract position based out of our vibrant Brisbane office
- Training and development opportunities, health and wellbeing initiatives, birthday leave, volunteer leave, concert tickets, footy tickets, social events – PLUS much more!
- Industry leading and gender neutral Paid Parental Leave Policy which offers 20 weeks paid parental leave for a primary carer.
- Award-winning, highly supportive and creative culture that enables you to be your best unique self!
- Flexible & hybrid working environment (we offer a range of flexible working options to help our people balance work and home life).
- Attractive salary package and opportunities for growth & progression – we love to promote internally across our 65 offices!
About the role:
We’re on the hunt for a Senior Research & Insights Analyst to join our Research team based in Brisbane. The Senior Research and Insights Analyst is a uniquely curious person, who is passionate about undercovering insights about consumers and audiences. The role is integral to leverage sales revenue across the country. The role is also about informing SCA staff about new research and insights about consumers and categories. The Senior Research and Insights Analyst works across the implementation of complex research projects and works closely with senior stakeholders.
What you’ll be doing:
- Write and present research in a visually appealing, clear and concise manner, maintaining a high standard of presentation and communication
- Respond to research requests in a timely manner.
- Analysing radio, TV and industry data, and interpreting audience behaviours.
- Effectively conduct (end to end) brand lift, creative testing, perceptual and brand tracking studies for clients and the business.
- Developing and deploying surveys through the Sparq survey platform using quantitative and qualitative market research methodology
- Provide actionable insights into the markets for key clients to identify the strengths and opportunities they are able to tap into.
- Work collaboratively on projects where necessary with SCA iQ team, SCA staff and third party partners.
- Hold people mentoring responsibilities for 1-2 Junior Research & Insight Analysts.
Experience we’re looking for:
- Minimum 5 years’ experience in a Media, Agency or Market Research position
- Degree in Media/Communications/Marketing or similar qualifications
- Advanced knowledge of research software (Nielsen, Roy Morgan) favourable
- Advanced knowledge of survey software (Sparq) favourable
- Highly advanced knowledge of Microsoft Office (Outlook, Powerpoint, Excel, Word)
- Advance knowledge of research methodologies including radio, TV, online and telephone (CATI)
- Advanced knowledge of the media and market research landscape both nationally and internationally
We are a values driven organisation - if you genuinely live and breathe our values, you’ll be a great addition to SCA.
- We’re Better Together
- People are our Power
- Always Curious
- We Push Doors Open
- Be Genuine
Still not convinced?
Head to our TikTok, Life@LiSTNR, for a sneak peak into some of the fun we have at SCA!
Keen? Apply now by submitting your resume via our careers page.
Hot tip: Make sure you download and sign up to LiSTNR – you may be asked about your listening experience throughout the interview process!
We are committed to advancing equal employment opportunities for our staff and to diversify and develop our workforce. Furthermore, we aim to recognise the value of attracting and retaining employees with different backgrounds, experience, knowledge and abilities. We also aim to ensure diversity contributes to our business success and benefits individuals, teams, clients and the community.