Community Editor - Sport
Sydney - Salaried
Southern Cross Austereo is Australia’s leading media entertainment company, home of LiSTNR and the Triple M & HIT network. With the ability to reach 95% of the population through our Radio, TV and Digital channels, our mission is to Entertain, Inform & Inspire all Australians Anytime. Anywhere!
In 2021 we launched LiSTNR, a curated and personalised Audio-On-Demand destination. It is home to the Hit & Triple M networks, 25 music stations and over 500 podcasts. LiSTNR is Australia’s #1 podcast network reaching more than 8 million monthly listeners.
LiSTNR produces some of Australia’s most popular podcasts such as Hamish & Andy, The Howie Games and It’s a Lot with Abbie Chatfield as well as the original docu-series podcast, The Children in the Pictures.
We have an exciting opportunity for an experienced Community Editor to join our brand-new Community & Engagement team based in Sydney or Melbourne.
What’s on offer for you?
- Permanent position based out of either our Sydney or Melbourne office
- Flexible & hybrid working environment (we offer a range of flexible working options, not just working from home).
- Training and development opportunities, health and wellbeing initiatives, birthday leave, volunteer leave, concert tickets, footy tickets, social events – PLUS much more!
- Industry leading and gender neutral Paid Parental Leave Policy which offers 20 weeks paid parental leave for a primary carer
- Award-winning, highly supportive and creative culture that enables you to be your best unique self!
- Attractive salary package and opportunities for growth & progression – we love to promote internally across our 65 offices!
What you’ll be doing:
Reporting into the Head of Community & Engagement - LiSTNR, the purpose of the Community Editor is to build, grow and maintain LiSTNR digital Communities across a wide variety of online platforms, including Facebook, Instagram, Tik Tok, Reddit, Twitter, YouTube and EDMs.
Working closely with key stakeholders, the Community Editor will distribute and optimise digital assets in-line with the Community strategy to deliver a cohesive, multi-channel experience for LiSTNR’s growing audience.
This role in particular will require a keen interest in sport, and will be working in large part across our sporting Communities. It’s A-OK if you prefer one code over another but you should be able to at least hold your own in conversations about NRL, AFL, soccer, cricket, racing, UFC etc.
The Community Editor will also provide ongoing management of digital Communities by responding to comments and direct messages and driving proactive conversations with Community members, and will use feedback and insights from Community interactions to improve the content offering.
The role requires a high level of empathy, a knack for fostering relationships and a passion for podcasting.
Acting as the voice of the LiSTNR brand, this is an exciting opportunity to develop and implement a best-in-class experience for LiSTNR’s Communities and drive engagement with its award-winning suite of audio content.
Please note: This role will also likely have to work one weekend day per week. (e.g. week structured as Tuesday – Saturday or Sunday to Thursday.
Experience we’re looking for:
- Minimum of 2 years of experience in community management, social media marketing, email marketing, or a similar role, preferably within the media industry.
- Proven track record of building and managing online communities, creating engaging content, running successful email campaigns, and growing a brand's social media presence.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills and an ability to work cross-functionally, collaborating with multiple stakeholders.
- Exceptional organisational skills and the ability to juggle multiple social and online platforms.
- Desired experience in using industry standard audio and/or video editing tools including
- audio editing software (Adobe Audition) and Final Cut Pro, or similar.
- Experience in web publishing including using Photoshop and HTML is desirable.
- Familiarity with social media regulations, email marketing laws and regulations (like CAN-
- SPAM Act, GDPR), copyrights, and fair use policies.
We are a values driven organisation - if you genuinely live and breathe our values, you’ll be a great addition to SCA.
- We’re Better Together
- People are our Power
- Always Curious
- We Push Doors Open
- Be Genuine
Keen? Apply now by submitting your resume via our careers page.
Still not convinced?
Head to our TikTok, Life@LiSTNR, for a sneak peak into some of the fun we have at SCA!
Hot tip: Make sure you download and sign up to LiSTNR – you may be asked about your listening experience throughout the interview process!