News Automation Pilot / Technical Director
Launceston - Full time
Southern Cross Austereo is Australia’s leading media entertainment company, home of LiSTNR and the Triple M & HIT network. With the ability to reach 95% of the population through our Radio, TV and Digital channels, our mission is to Entertain, Inform & Inspire all Australians Anytime. Anywhere!
In 2021 we launched LiSTNR, a curated and personalised Audio-On-Demand destination. It is home to the Hit & Triple M networks, 25 music stations and over 500 podcasts. LiSTNR is Australia’s #1 podcast network reaching more than 8 million monthly listeners.
We’re looking for a creative News Automation Pilot / Technical Director to join our 7 Tasmania News!
What’s on offer for you?
- Permanent position based out of our vibrant Launceston office.
- Training and development opportunities, health and wellbeing initiatives, birthday leave, volunteer leave, social events – PLUS much more!
- Industry leading and gender-neutral Paid Parental Leave Policy which offers 20 weeks paid parental leave for a primary carer.
- Award-winning, highly supportive and creative culture that enables you to be your best unique self!
- Flexible working environment (we offer a range of flexible working options to help our people balance work and home life).
- Attractive salary package and opportunities for growth & progression – we love to promote internally across our 65 offices!
About the role:
We’re looking for a creative News Automation Pilot / Technical Director to join our 7 Tasmania News! You’ll become a key member in our small technical team in Launceston, responsible for the delivery of Tasmania’s leading TV news. Our Nightly News is delivered with Mosart automation integrated with iNews. The successful applicant will have a thorough understanding of control room operations associated with news, news production and potentially outside broadcast requirements. With a high attention to detail, you will also have well developed organisational skills and solid technical abilities.
What you’ll be doing:
- Co-ordinate control room functions, providing leadership and supervision of co-pilot and other technical crew.
- Maintain, review and check daily rundown and automation functions in coordination with the line producer to ensure smooth broadcast operations.
- Monitor and manage Mosart graphical user interface and associated production software, such as Maestro and Quantel.
- Create and manage iNews and Mosart templates.
- Edit video elements for the daily news, including headlines, teases and promos
- Perform and manage audio, and ingest functions
Experience & skills we’re looking for:
- Demonstrable experience working in television studio operations. Direct experience in news broadcasts an advantage!
- Exceptional communication, leadership, and supervision skills in leading an on-air team.
- Proven knowledge and high competence in computer systems; exposure to broadcast systems such as Mosart, iNews, Quantel or similar is highly desirable.
- Experience in non-linear editing.
- Demonstrated ability to work under pressure, to deadlines, and to think quickly and laterally for solutions.
- Ability to work shifts, including weekends and public holidays.
We are a values driven organisation - if you genuinely live and breathe our values, you’ll be a great addition to SCA.
- We’re Better Together
- People are our Power
- Always Curious
- We Push Doors Open
- Be Genuine
Keen? Apply now by submitting your resume via our careers page.
Hot tip: Make sure you download and sign up to LiSTNR – you may be asked about your listening experience throughout the interview process!
We are committed to advancing equal employment opportunities for our staff and to diversify and develop our workforce. Furthermore, we aim to recognise the value of attracting and retaining employees with different backgrounds, experience, knowledge and abilities. We also aim to ensure diversity contributes to our business success and benefits individuals, teams, clients and the community.