Sydney - Salaried
Open your ears to a new world of audio! In culmination with Southern Cross Austereo, LiSTNR is a curated and personalised Audio-On-Demand app offering an expansive suite of digital audio content including radio, podcasts, music and news. SCA is an exciting, vibrant, energetic, and progressive media company employing over 2000 staff nationally. We are dedicated to delivering firsts in entertainment solutions and working here is far more than a job – it’s an opportunity to be associated with one of the world’s leaders in media entertainment.
LiSTNR has big ambitions and we are looking for exceptional talent to come on this journey with us to becoming Australia’s favourite audio destination.
What’s on offer for you?
- Permanent position
- Flexible working environment (we offer a range of flexible working options, not just working from home).
- Training and development opportunities, health and wellbeing initiatives, Birthday leave, in-office culture events, corporate offers, PLUS much more!
- Highly supportive and creative culture that enables you to be your best unique self!
- Attractive salary package and opportunity for progression
The role on offer:
At SCA, we are constantly working to create bespoke content for our audiences and we are proud to be able to collaborate with some of Australia’s best journalists to deliver one of the most credible news on demand products in the market. The Briefing is LiSTNR’s daily news podcast with Tom Tilley, and co-hosts Katrina Blowers, Jan Fran & Jamila Rizvi. As a News Producer it will be your job to ensure the production of this podcast including the provision of succinct, accurate and compelling news content.
This role is suited to an experienced Journalist with digital audio production skills who thrives in a fast-paced environment. If you passionate about delivering truly engaging News content and who can hold your own amongst a team of ambitious Journalists, then we want to hear from you.
The skills and experience you will need:
- Have a minimum of three years full time commercial news experience
- Can create accurate, punchy and creative bulletins on tight deadlines, but equally dive into longer form audio journalism
- Have previous experience with operating a soft surface panel desk
- Love to work in both a solo and team environment
- Be comfortable chasing interviews and securing talent of all types.
- Have superior knowledge of news and sport - knowledge of local, national and international issues is crucial
- Have excellent communication skills, both written and verbal
- Understand social media and experience using it as a newsgathering technique
- Experience with NewsBoss is preferable
- Understanding of audio broadcast compliance regulation
This is a career defining opportunity to work with some of the nation’s most talented and respected journalists.
Keen? Apply now by submitting your CV and cover letter, as well as a sample of work.
Southern Cross Austereo reserves the right to commence recruitment immediately and may close advertising once a pool of suitable applicants has been received. Don’t delay, apply today!
As one of Australia's most innovative and exciting entertainment-based media companies, working for Southern Cross Austereo is far more than a job – it’s an opportunity to be associated with one of the world’s leaders in media entertainment. Our radio networks are committed to delivering the country’s best entertainment, music, sport, comedy and big events to Australians whilst our digital division is leading the way in thought leadership and innovation. We also have affiliation arrangements with all of the metropolitan commercial television networks which means SCA’s television services cover most of regional Australia. The combination of our TV, Radio and digital assets can reach 95% of Australians, engaging over 10 million people per week, making us a truly integrated media company.
Employing approximately 2,500 staff nationally, SCA is an exciting, vibrant, energetic and progressive company. Our values are the standards which our people share that guide our day-to-day decisions, shape or individual and collective behaviour and make us who we are today.
The opportunities to grow your career is endless when you’re working for one of Australia’s leading media companies. We provide all staff with ongoing support and guidance to develop your skills, grow your media career and reach your full potential.
We are committed to advancing equal employment opportunities for our staff and to diversify and develop our workforce. Furthermore, we aim to recognise the value of attracting and retaining employees with different backgrounds, experience, knowledge and abilities. We also aim to ensure diversity contributes to our business success and benefits individuals, teams, clients and the community.