Adelaide, Melbourne - Full time
Who are we?
Southern Cross Austereo is Australia’s leading media entertainment company, home of LiSTNR and the Triple M & HIT network. With the ability to reach 95% of the population through our Radio, TV and Digital channels, our mission is to Entertain, Inform & Inspire all Australians Anytime. Anywhere!
In 2021 we launched LiSTNR, a curated and personalised Audio-On-Demand destination. It is home to the Hit & Triple M networks, 25 music stations and over 500 podcasts. LiSTNR is Australia’s #1 podcast network reaching more than 8 million monthly listeners.
What’s on offer for you?
- Permanent position based out of either our Sydney or Melbourne offices.
- Training and development opportunities, health and wellbeing initiatives, birthday leave, volunteer leave, concert tickets, footy tickets, social events – PLUS much more!
- Industry leading and gender neutral Paid Parental Leave Policy which offers 20 weeks paid parental leave for a primary carer.
- Award-winning, highly supportive and creative culture that enables you to be your best unique self!
- Opportunities for growth & progression – we love to promote internally across our 65 offices!
About the role:
We’re on the hunt for an experienced Journalist to join our Triple M team based in either Melbourne or Sydney on an 8 month parental leave contract. As our newest Journalist, you will be responsible for identifying, creating and delivering compelling news to our Triple M Sport audiences in Metro Melbourne and Sydney. The successful candidate will be genuinely excited about providing our listeners with the most relevant, up to date news on air and online.
Please note: This role will require the successful applicant work both during the week and over weekends as required.
Experience we’re looking for:
- A degree qualification in Journalism, Communications or Media is required.
- At least three years proven journalism experience, including sourcing of original stories.
- An ability to convey news information by adopting a range of styles, tools and techniques appropriate to the audience and the nature of the information.
- Experience in delivering news on air, or creating audio for an on demand/podcast environment is highly desirable.
- Has experience in writing news for radio and online/ social media platforms.
- A working knowledge of chasing story contacts, best practice interview techniques, & audio editing.
- An ability to produce, write, edit audio and visual content for digital channels.
We are a values driven organisation - if you genuinely live and breathe our values, you’ll be a great addition to SCA.
- We’re Better Together
- People are our Power
- Always Curious
- We Push Doors Open
- Be Genuine
Still not convinced?
Head to our TikTok, Life@LiSTNR, for a sneak peak into some of the fun we have at SCA!
Keen? Apply now by submitting your resume via our careers page.
Hot tip: Make sure you download and sign up to LiSTNR – you may be asked about your listening experience throughout the interview process!
We are committed to advancing equal employment opportunities for our staff and to diversify and develop our workforce. Furthermore, we aim to recognise the value of attracting and retaining employees with different backgrounds, experience, knowledge and abilities. We also aim to ensure diversity contributes to our business success and benefits individuals, teams, clients and the community.