National Trade Marketing Director
Sydney - Salaried
Southern Cross Austereo is an exciting, vibrant, energetic and progressive company employing over 2000 staff nationally. We are dedicated to delivering firsts in entertainment solutions with the ability to reach 95% of Australian’s through our Radio, TV and Digital assets including our new LiSTNR app. Working at Southern Cross Austereo is far more than a job – it’s an opportunity to be associated with one of the world’s leaders in media entertainment.
What’s in it for you?
- Permanent role based in our freshly renovated & vibrant Sydney office in Worldsquare
- Birthday leave, volunteer leave, health and well-being initiatives, in-office entertainment, occasional sport/music tix, corporate insurance/banking offers, PLUS much more!
- Highly supportive, fun, and inclusive company culture that enables you to be your best unique self
- Attractive salary package and opportunities for training, development, and progression
- Flexible working environment (we offer a range of flex working options, not just working from home)
Reporting directly to the Chief Marketing & Communications Officer, and in close collaboration with SCA’s Chief Sales Officer, the National Trade Marketing Director will be responsible for implementing unique and compelling trade marketing campaigns across all media channels. You will also be responsible for leading, coaching, and mentoring a team of high-performing and dedicated state-based Trade Marketing Managers.
As National Trade Marketing Director, you will engage with SCA’s stakeholders and will understand the company’s business and revenue strategies to inform the strategic trade marketing plans that ultimately drive business to greater business engagement and target audience growth. The successful candidate will also be a strong leader with a proven history in leading effective and satisfied teams, also believing in and supporting the need for positive team and business wide culture.
This role will build a leading profile for SCA’s business capabilities, its brands, and audiences. Success will be measured by campaign effectiveness and lead generation, as this role will be expected to positively influence brand consideration and incrementally drive revenue
To be the successful candidate, you must possess:
- Relevant tertiary qualifications and/or extensive experience and a proven track record in marketing strategy and execution, trade marketing and event management preferred.
- Experience leading a high-performing and diverse team, across different geographical locations.
- Future facing skills with respect to emerging channels, audiences, and technical capabilities.
- A strong understanding of martech and data, its application, and analytics.
- Excellent marketing fundamentals, such as brand strategy and building, campaign strategy and execution.
- An innovative and creative spirit, with the ability to translate ideas into communicable concepts.
- Strong creative marketing skills.
- Excellent stakeholder management skills and verbal and written communication skills, with the ability to influence and engage
- Possess broad business knowledge; be well informed on the company’s activities and the radio industry in general.
Keen? Please submit your CV and cover letter, outlining your experience relevant to the role.
Please note SCA reserves the right to commence recruitment activities immediately and may close applications once a suitable applicant pool has been received.
As one of Australia's most innovative and exciting entertainment-based media companies, working for Southern Cross Austereo is far more than a job – it’s an opportunity to be associated with one of the world’s leaders in media entertainment. Our radio networks are committed to delivering the country’s best entertainment, music, sport, comedy and big events to Australians whilst our digital division is leading the way in thought leadership and innovation. We also have affiliation arrangements with all of the metropolitan commercial television networks which means SCA’s television services cover most of regional Australia. The combination of our TV, Radio and digital assets can reach 95% of Australians, engaging over 10 million people per week, making us a truly integrated media company.
Employing approximately 2,500 staff nationally, SCA is an exciting, vibrant, energetic and progressive company. Our values are the standards which our people share that guide our day-to-day decisions, shape or individual and collective behaviour and make us who we are today.
The opportunities to grow your career is endless when you’re working for one of Australia’s leading media companies. We provide all staff with ongoing support and guidance to develop your skills, grow your media career and reach your full potential.
We are committed to advancing equal employment opportunities for our staff and to diversify and develop our workforce. Furthermore, we aim to recognise the value of attracting and retaining employees with different backgrounds, experience, knowledge and abilities. We also aim to ensure diversity contributes to our business success and benefits individuals, teams, clients and the community.