Announcer/Assistant Content Director
Townsville - Salaried
What’s in it for you?
- Permanent position located in Townsville where life is easy, Winter is Fine & 28 everyday, home to the North Queensland Cowboys, one flight away from a capital city, close to work, close to nature, and all close enough not blow your fuel budget.
- Birthday leave, training and development opportunities, health and wellbeing initiatives, in-office culture events, corporate offers, PLUS much more!
- Highly supportive culture that enables you to be your best unique self!
- Attractive salary package and opportunity for progression
What’s the role?
Reporting into the NQ Group Content Director, the Announcer/Assistant Content Director is responsible for working with the Content Director to execute the strategic and operational plan of the Hit & MMM brands, and ensure the continued success of the station. Your primary aim will be ensuring SCA’s strategic plan is delivered through all content, and ultimately you will be responsible for delivering winning, engaging audio. In addition, you will maintain exceptional levels of on-air execution, ensuring that only fresh and relevant content goes to air and that our listeners love what they hear.
What you’ll need?
- Success within a Content Leadership role in large regional market (desirable)
- Significant on-air experience with the ability to carry shifts at a commercial level
- A distinctive and unique on-air presence with a style that complements either MMM or Hit
- A hunger to do whatever it takes to create creative and unique content aligned to the brand
- Expertise in talent management and show development
- Exceptional time management, the ability to maintain focus and output when working under pressure
- An ability to keep on your toes within a fast-paced, ever changing environment
- Possess an intimate knowledge of CRA’s Codes of Practice and Broadcasting Standards
- Be genuinely passionate about the industry and have the desire to be a future leader of SCA
Keen? Apply now by submitting your CV and cover letter, outlining your relevant experience and salary expectations as well as a recent Aircheck.
Please note: Applications will not be considered without and aircheck.
Southern Cross Austereo reserves the right to commence recruitment activities immediately and may close advertising once a pool of suitable applicants has been received. Don’t delay, apply today!
As one of Australia's most innovative and exciting entertainment-based media companies, working for Southern Cross Austereo is far more than a job – it’s an opportunity to be associated with one of the world’s leaders in media entertainment. Our radio networks are committed to delivering the country’s best entertainment, music, sport, comedy and big events to Australians whilst our digital division is leading the way in thought leadership and innovation. We also have affiliation arrangements with all of the metropolitan commercial television networks which means SCA’s television services cover most of regional Australia. The combination of our TV, Radio and digital assets can reach 95% of Australians, engaging over 10 million people per week, making us a truly integrated media company.
Employing approximately 2,500 staff nationally, SCA is an exciting, vibrant, energetic and progressive company. Our values are the standards which our people share that guide our day-to-day decisions, shape or individual and collective behaviour and make us who we are today.
The opportunities to grow your career is endless when you’re working for one of Australia’s leading media companies. We provide all staff with ongoing support and guidance to develop your skills, grow your media career and reach your full potential.
We are committed to advancing equal employment opportunities for our staff and to diversify and develop our workforce. Furthermore, we aim to recognise the value of attracting and retaining employees with different backgrounds, experience, knowledge and abilities. We also aim to ensure diversity contributes to our business success and benefits individuals, teams, clients and the community.